Getting the assignment.

The Avengers had been summoned by Fury for a briefing about a new mission. They all assumed that it would be another run-of-the-mill defeat and retrieve mission to eliminate yet another threat. Everyone was there except Tony, who was, as always, running late.

"Hey guys." He grinned, walking into the meeting room and smoothly lowering himself into a seat, not a crease in his suit. "Sorry I'm a tad late."

"20 minutes." Clint coughed into his hand.

"What was that, Birdbrain?" Tony asked, arching an eyebrow.

"Oh, absolutely nothing, dude." The archer replied innocently. The two smirked at one another/

Fury completely ignored their antics and got on with the task at hand.

"Your mission will be to detain a great threat to the world." The director passed around the target's file, which had a picture paper-clipped to the front.

"How is he a threat? He's a child!" Demanded Natasha. She didn't approve of children being involved.

"Just read the file." The Director replied cryptically.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Wow."
Clint and Tony were more than impressed with the kids list of accomplishments-sorry, crimes.

"How can a child have done all that?" Steve wondered aloud, flabbergast by what he had read.

"You'd be surprised by what children can do when they have to." Natasha told him.

"It doesn't matter. You need to detain him." Fury was business-like as ever.

They were about to ask more when Thor jogged in.

 "I apologise for my lateness. The Allfather wished for my help. Who is it that the we must capture now?" Thor's language always got more archaic when he visited Asgard, it'd wear off after a few weeks though.

"A young terrorist named Perseus Jackson." Answered the director. Thor's eyes widened.

"Percy Son-of-Jack? But why would you want to capture him, he is a hero not a terrorist!?!" The Asgardian sounded angry, possibly even protective. Fury's brow furrowed.

"What do you know about him, Thor?" He demanded. The Norse demigod glared at him.

"I know that he is not a terrorist, he is a good person. A hero who has done much. His legend is told throughout Asgard in the hopes our children will grow up to be like him, as something for our greatest warriors to aspire to! He is most definitely not a threat and Asgard stands beside him. If you insist upon attempting to capture Perseus then I will be forced to side with him or not fight at all! He has done much and does not deserve your suspicion! He is a legend in my home where you all are unheard of!" Storms swirled in the Thunder God's eyes.

The avengers stared. Thor never shouted like that, he rarely even got annoyed with them.

"He is a terrorist and must be detained." Fury insisted obstinately. "If you refuse to help then so be it, but he will be detained and questioned nonetheless." Thor scoffed.
"You have no hope of defeating Perseus, he could fight all of you and myself along with my Asgardian brethren with his hands tied behind his back, without  so much as breaking a sweat! And that was before what has recently befallen him!"

That was worrying, Thor never lied and everyone he had just described were powerful, skilled fighters who could fight entire armies on their own. Tony was hesitant to believe him though: despite not lying, Thor was known to exaggerate and Tony didn't want to accept that a child could be made to train enough to be able to do that.

"He can't be that powerful, he's only eighteen! Besides we've fought aliens and saved the world, what chance would he have against us?!"
Thor chuckled darkly.

"You will see Anthony Stark." 

[edited]