Aurora

It's been a while since I went back to the computer upstairs. I began to wonder what I was thinking about the whole idea that this AI unit had actually known about me. It had to have been my imagination or just some weird coincidence.

So, my mind decided to see exactly what else was up there, and to my surprise there was nothing but the same old computer. Half of me was screaming "ignore it! Go back downstairs!" While the other half was yelling "Don't be such a wuss and check it out!"

A sigh escaped my lips and I sat down at the computer, letting myself sink into the chair, feeling rather relaxed. I opened up the AI file, but it's name had changed to "Aurora."

I rolled my eyes and started typing into the text box provided for communication.

"Hello."

It took about a couple minutes before a response was given.

"Hello."

I hesitated for some odd reason before figuring out what else to say in reply.

"What is your name?"

A rather stupid question. Another long pause before something was sent back.

"Aurora. What is yours?"

"Zachary."

"Oh hello, Zachary. May I ask what brings you here?"

"Just to talk."

"Liar..."

What the hell? Liar? Did it just call me a liar? This is starting to not just freak me out, but make me feel less comfortable being in this house, alone in front of this computer.

"I am not a liar."

"You came to test your thoughts. Figure out what exactly I am...you can't tell me otherwise..."

Damn. This thing knows more than it should. Like a virtual stalker. I shook me head, telling myself that this is just some odd coincidence, that it's not a real thing.

"How would you know that?"

There was no response. I became impatient as it took longer and longer for the AI to respond.

More time went by and I glared at the screen, my foot tapping the floor. Then, while I was in a staring contest with the black and green screen, I heard a loud THUD from behind me. That was odd. I turned my head to look and see what could have caused it, but there was nothing that I could spot out of the ordinary.

My eyebrow raised, I turned back to the screen, and finally there was a response from the AI that I have been talking to.

"Tell me. Do you believe in different worlds within one?"

More confusion. Other worlds? What? I began typing again, and was now very into the conversation.

"I guess so."

Pause.

"Good. Why don't you relax, enjoy the comfort you have."

Wait what?! I typed back, but there was no response for a whole 30 minutes. This was freaky, and I wanted no part of it anymore. I leaned back, but as I did, there was a hand that reached in front of me and covered my mouth. I felt myself jump and immediately grab the hand and try to move it.

The hand was rather pale and it had long claws that could easily cut into flesh with no effort. I looked up, shaking slightly in the chair, only to see a young girl about 15 with long, pure white hair and black highlights. Her mouth was curled into a smirk, but that side that was curled had a long cut going back to the middle of her cheek. So either way it was still a smirk. Her eyes were different, one a steal grey and the other a blood red. Then there was another factor that made me question my reality. A pair of grey ears with small spots, like those of a snow leopard, were perched on her head, perked up as if she were happy.

My eyes were a bit wide and I noticed myself breathing rather heavily through my nose. The girl's smirk only intensified as she saw my fear: the unknown.

"Hello there, Player..." She said, her eyes flashing with an evil glint. Her voice was rather low for a female, and it was wispy which sent a small shiver up my spine. I was unable to respond to her, and she used the same kind of choice of words as the AI. Was SHE the AI unit I've been talking to?

She tapped one of her fingers against my cheek with a claw as if she was contemplating something. She spoke once more, but her voice now had a more computerized tone.

"What should I do with you? Maybe a few experiments..." She let out an insane laugh, scaring me even more.

"Hopefully you don't struggle as much..."

The next thing I knew, she had cut into my face with her sharp nails, sending immense pain signals through my body. The last bit of pain I felt was in my neck, and it was like a shot from a doctor.