4) Pain = Understanding

Pain = Understanding

      For now my game is sadly on hold. Dan now had my undivided by attention. His retraining could not be ignored. Dan was like a dog. You don’t wait hours after it shit on the floor to shove its nose in it. You do it while it’s still fresh in the mutt’s head. That way they know this is the punishment for the behavior they have displayed. It was a shame to. I was so looking forward to my new game and yet because of Dan it was being postponed.

                    I sat in the Fun House’s control room. I had already vented out the gas I had pumped into the room during the last game. I had gotten rid of the bodies and brunt them to ashes in the furnace that was in the basement of the Fun House. Then I washed out the blood. My Fun House was an old abandon hospital that had been on my mother’s side of the family. But after a fire ripped through the place, it never recovered. I’ve played countless games here even when I was small boy.

                 When it came time to pick a place to do my work of course this was my first and only choice. I might be the only person alive that remembers this place. My hanging out here wasn’t questioned by anyone because I have been doing it all my life. The best part was that I had peace. No one came here not even when they knew I was here. They left me alone and gave me the freedom to do what I wanted.

                   The Operating rooms were perfect for my games. They had the windows and PA I needed. And after fixing the controls and darkening the windows they became my base. They allowed Mr. Reaper to be god. Now the question was: What was I going to do with Dan? He wasn’t allowed in the Fun House so I would have to think of something else. I wanted Dan to live after my retraining. That way he can remind the others why not to mess with me. You let one monkey get a thought they all think they can have thoughts. Dan had a thought and now it had to be crushed.

           My phone yelled out I’M A FAKE as a text message came through. I frowned at it as I rolled my chair over to the panel I had abandoned it on. I looked at it to see Jake’s name and message on the screen.

Jake: I want to go to the movies.

               I sighed remembering that I needed to be patient with my friend. Jake tests me so much sometimes it was hard to remember why I was friends with him in the first place. Then I remembered that he was the only person that talked to me when I was just a small child on the playground. He was the only one that didn’t judge me because of the way I looked. He didn’t laugh or shun me because I was me.

Sky: So then go idiot.

               I texted him back. I had more important things to worry over. Dan was number one on my list of things to do. Mr. Brown was number two. I haven’t decided yet if I wanted him to come to the Fun House or not yet. I needed to learn more. Then there was the other person who would be playing this game. Dan was out so I needed to go on a hunt for someone new. I needed someone who would be just perfect to play this game. Nothing could be left to chance.

Jake: Come and get me. No one goes to the movies alone.

              The phone screamed again and I read the latest message. I looked down on my room all clean and shiny now. I had nothing else left to do in the Fun House so why not go out with Jake. The movies were a good hunting ground as well. You could watch people. I loved going to see horror movies. Not so much to watch the movie but the people there and see their reactions to it. I love watching how they react and they images they react to. To see the girl scream and cover her eyes when someone is beheaded. To see the pigheaded boy laugh when he know he just jumped at the last scene as well. The movies were very interesting.