5) Let's Play

Let’s Play

         It only took me two weeks to set up for the next game. This was going to be perfect, much better than the last game I played. Though I admit I saw the flaws in it. The main one being if the threat of life was serious enough, if not they could just sit and jerk around and die a boring death or they play the game and the winner takes all.

            I looked down in the room waiting for my little pets to wake up. Mr. Brown was first. I saw him coming out a bar stumbling around and looking like a fate worst then death. I offered him a ride. He had taken a moment trying to make my face out in the darkness of the car but then agreed to it anyway. I could see his drunken glaze trying to make out who I was. It didn’t matter though the needle found its way into his neck and he was out in no time.

           Then there was Jason. I saw him walking home from the store. He was the one that told me to give him a ride. How could I deny him when he was so demanding? Sitting in the car he did his best to talk to me. It was nothing that I cared about though. It was the awkward kind of talking where you knew the other person didn’t want anything to do with you. To save us both I injected him so that we could end this.

         I heard muttering and looked out the window to see them coming to at last. Mr. Brown rubbed at his head. I’m sure more from his hangover then anything I did to him. Jason had started looking around the room that they were in.

          “Mr. Brown,” Jason said looking at him as he rubbed his hands over his face. “Where are we? Where is Sky?”

           “Jason how did you get here,” Mr. Brown said looking around. The introductions always bored me and yet it was important to allow them to have their meet and greet. Who would win, I wonder. Would it be the drunk of a teacher or his student? I couldn’t wait to find out.

         “I’m not sure. I remember getting a ride from Sky and then nothing.”

          “Sky,” Mr. Brown said as he looked around wildly. “I don’t see Skylar anywhere.”

           “SKY,” Jason called. “If you’re behind this you sick son of a bitch I’m going to kill you,” he yelled and I smiled to myself. Oh the threats already and I haven’t even started the game yet.

          “Hello and welcome to the Fun House,” I said through the PA. “You may call me Mr. Reaper.”

         “Who the fuck, are you,” Jason yelled standing up and looking towards the window.

         “I told you already. I am Mr. Reaper.”

        “When I get out of here I’m going to kill you,” Jason said and I smiled. He said when, it was more like if, he got out of here.

       “Calm down Jason,” Mr. Brown said and touched his shoulder. Jason slapped his hand away and walked a bit away from Mr. Brown. Pacing the floor like some kind of caged animal Jason was annoyed already and the game haven’t even started yet.

        “Lamont Brown, Jason Tomas you have now entered the Fun House,” I told them and they were looking at the window though I knew for a fact that they couldn’t see me through it.

       “Show yourself you coward,” Jason yelled.

        “If you would look to the far end of the room you will see a door,” I told them and both men turned around. “Now look to your upper right and you will see a clock on the wall.” Once again they turned and looked at the clock that had been placed on the wall. “As of right now you have sixty minutes to complete the game. In sixty minutes that door will open. On the other side of that door is one dose of atropine and pralidoxime, both you will need if you want to live longer then today.”