29) Pigs

Pigs

Two Hours Earlier

            I couldn't go to the control room but I had a everything I needed to watch the game from a nearby storage room. I had an intercom and a monitor already sat up. I watched them roam the boiler room. Already I could see the discomfort on their faces. Could see their shirts become stained with sweat. I smiled because I was going to enjoy this game.

            “Hello and welcome to the Fun House.” I spoke and they all looked around for me.

“I shall be your host for this evening. You may call me Mr. Reaper. There is no use trying to find me. As you saw when you entered I did not come into that room with you. Extreme heat is no good for my health after all.”

            “You bastard.” The other agent said and I looked over at him on my monitor. Now that they knew I wasn't in the room with them they were starting to relax.

            “I would not holster my gun if I was you  Agent  Andrew Knight. In a room full of cops you are the only honest face that is a part of tonight's game. I did some digging on you all and I couldn't find a one thing on you. In fact agent you are so clean your name isn’t Andrew Knight at all. The real Andrew died in nineteen-sixty-four. How much does a dead persons social security cost these days? For obvious reason I will be in need of a new me when this game comes to a close.”    

            “What is he talking about?” The lead agent asked Andrew and he shrugged as if he had no idea what I was speaking of.

            “The boy is insane. We need to get out of this room.” Andrew said.

            “What about you Rice Wright?” I called out the lead agent. “You aren't the good little agent your supervisors all think you are. Do you want to know how you get the highest success rate of closing cases? You pick your suspects, you plant your evidence, you fuck over everyone you need in order to have it your way.” I said and all eyes went to Rice.

            “You planted evidence.”  Ross hissed as if his hands weren’t stained red.

            “We need to think this through. We can't allow him to get in our head.” Ross's partner said and my eyes fell on her.

            “And we cannot forget you Iris Fisher.” I turned my attention to her. “It is frowned upon to sleep with witnesses and I'm sure it just might be illegal to sleep with the suspects. To steal from case file and lose vital evidences just so your lover can get away with his or her crime.” The eyes of her peers went to her now and I laughed through the intercom at them all. “Of course we already know about your pass transgressing David Ross. What I have yet to learn is why you’re all over my dick.” I said and Ross frowned.

            “Why don't you man up Skylar? Stop hiding from everyone and everything. You want us dead come do it yourself.”

            “That is one way to get rid of you, but then I would have wasted a game for nothing. You see your time has already been clicking away Ross. You are in my boiler room. The temperature is already at a hundred-fifty degrees Fahrenheit. With each five minutes that passes the temperature will rise twenty degrees. You have two hours before your body will be nothing but piles of melted human goo. That is unless you kill each other. When there is only one of you left I will open the door and that person will walk away a free man. I suppose what I am asking you my loyal and friendly law enforcing friends is the same thing that I have asked everyone that has passed through this fun house. Are you willing to kill in order to live?” I smiled and sat back as I watched as the game begin.