Chapter 2

One Month Later:::::::::::::

" Alpha, how was the meeting with the King?" James asked Arnav.

He entered his house with such anger and irritation, that James preferred to be quiet. But, being a Beta of South Goddess Moon, he knew he had to gather courage and ask his Alpha about the meeting. It's not casual when the Alpha king summon someone at such a short notice.

"Fine." Arnav replied. His voice, as usual came deep and strong. He made his way to the massive sofa in his living room and sat on it with a thud. His Beta, however didn't dare to sit at his equal, as that was the place for his Luna.

" The officials are eager to know, about the reason why the Alpha King summoned you!" The beta asked hesitantly.

Arnav took a deep breath to calm his anger. He knew it would be wrong to throw away his anger on his Beta- who was nothing but loyal to him.

" The king called me so that he could remind me that, I have only two years more to search for my mate. If during these years, I fail to present the luna to the South territory, I shall be asked to resign from the Alpha position." Arnav said. He wasn't upset about leaving the position, but the mere thought of not being able to find his soul mate was eating him from inside.

A casual werewolf can recognise his/her soul mate, at an age of eighteen. Whereas, Alphas and Betas can sense their soul mate at around sixteen years of age. But, he was twenty eight years old and had still not found his destined one.

"That's not fair! There is no better person to rule the South territory, than you, Alpha! " James confessed.

It was true. Arnav was everything, a good Alpha should be. He was powerful, disciplined, sharp and no wonder he was a pure blood. His mere presence can make all werewolves except the King, submit to him. He was ruthless and cruel, no doubt- because these negative qualities come as an additional package if you are an Alpha. He had everything, except his soul mate. And, he needed her- not just for himself but for his territory too! A luna- the soul mate of Alpha- gives internal strength to the werewolves, and without her, this strength would be gone!

Arnav chuckled at his Beta's comment.

" I am glad you think like that, James. But, the King isn't wrong. He has full right to guide me. And without my mate, I would eventually fall apart. And then, who will look after the territory? I am sure you don't want an insane wolf to command you." Arnav said. His voice should have been sarcastic and comical, but his voice said the other thing. His face was still serious as if he was discussing how to win a war! His Beta was aware of this. He knew what he was going through. Absence of soul mate can do this to the wolf. He himself was going insane when he couldn't find his soul mate. But, when he did, he knew he was safe. All he could wish for his Alpha was, for him to find his soul mate as soon as possible.

"I would like to be alone now, James. I'd be glad if you could leave now. " Arnav said.

" Sure, Alpha. But, I needed your signature on some document."

"What documents? "

" The medical college of Jaipur and Girija (A/N: I've made up this word, so kindly don't Google it... ) had organised their final semester exams here. The venue isn't far from the head quarters. So, they needed your permission to organise the exam here. "

"Why can't they organise the exam on their college itself or somewhere near the place they live? "

"Alpha, it's a rule of the educational institutions, to organise exams outside the city they live. In this way, the students can see more area of the South territory. "