Chapter 4

Aadhira stared at the monster in front of her.

"She is not stupid. She's my best friend! " she announced proudly, making Shraddha smile.

Arnav smiled too as he heard his mate.

"But, you have me now. I'll be your everything. " he said, more like stated.

Shraddha felt like, her own story was getting repeated. The day when Jay took her to his house, after claiming that she was his soul mate; he had said the same line.

Aadhira looked at the wolf as if he had grown insane. She had lived half of her life alone because of these werewolves. And, now one of them claims to be her everything!

Never. She thought.

But, before she could reply, Shraddha interfered.

"Alpha, can I please talk to your mate for a minute?" Shraddha asked politely. She was aware of the manners and rules of behaving in front of her superiors. Jay cursed under his breath. He wondered, why his mate was talking to the Alpha so much. She was supposed to be quite and follow his orders. He glared at her but she didn't even look at him, ignoring him even more when he gripped her wrist a bit hard to quite her.

Arnav looked at the intruder again.

"Why?" He asked, while placing his hand around Aadhira's waist and pulling her to his body, even though she struggled.

"She is new to all this! Maybe, I could help her in understanding the life of a werewolf!" She proposed, formally.

Aadhira stared at her best friend.

Is she mad? Why would I want to learn about werewolves' kind of life? Shouldn't she be helping me in some way to escape? Aadhira thought.

"No need. I am capable of helping my mate in understanding our lives. " he said with authority and left no space for any argument.

"Let's go dear. " Arnav said looking at Aadhira with so much love and passion. He was eager to show her the house that he had made for them. He held her wrist and started pulling her.

Aadhira started to panic.

"But.....but my exam? " she asked, while trying to get away from his grip.

"You don't have to attend this exam, Mate. " he said. Of course, he was very much capable of attending to her needs. He was an Alpha for God's sake!

"Stop! " Aadhira said loudly, making the nearby wolves cringe in fear. They didn't want to witness the wrath of their Alpha.

No one shouts at the Alpha. But, of course, Alphas' soul mates are their equal and their only weakness.

Arnav turned to face his mate. Why was she so reluctant, he thought. He understood that she was a human and that everything was new to her, but he wanted to start the mating process as soon as possible! He was oblivious of the fact that his soul mate despised his race like plague.

"What happened? " he asked with concern.

Aadhira realised that this was her only chance to fight. She needed to pass in this semester exams. She had to clear it or else her chance of freedom would sink in water.

"Please! Please let me give this exam. I.... it's very important for me!" She begged. She was ready to fall on his feet if that would make him change his decision.

"Mate, I told you, you don't have to give this exam? Actually, you don't have to give any exam! I am capable of attending to your needs. I'll give you everything! You just have to tell me! " he explained her, as he cupped her face in his palms.

Aadhira was in the verge of crying. Why wasn't this wolf understanding this simple thing?

"Come on! " he said again.

Shraddha wanted her friend to obey the Alpha, so that no further complications would arise. But, she couldn't say anything as Jay was holding her in a tight grip.

"Don't say anything Love. The Alpha is capable of managing his mate. " Jay warned his mate. He didn't want his mate to fall into any danger. Shraddha obliged, as she didn't have any other alternative.

"Please...." Aadhira begged again. This time her voice broke at the end which didn't go unnoticed by Arnav. He immediately turned around and look at his mate with concern.

"Please, let me give this exam. And I promise I'll go anywhere with you." She proposed.

Arnav looked at her with confused eyes. Why was she so persistent about this exam, he wondered.

"Why are you so eager for this? It's a mere exam." He said, not understanding her reason. While he got the intuition that she was doing this to gain freedom from him, but his wolf didn't want to believe in it.

Aadhira took a deep breath to keep her tears at bay.

Because, it's my passport to a free life! She thought.

"I've worked very hard for this semester. " she hid the main reason.

"That's what I am trying to tell you, mate. You don't have to give any exam or do any hard work. All you need to do is, love me and raise our pups." He said, in a seriously concerned voice.

Pups? Pups! I did not spend all my money in books to raise some monster's pups! She thought bitterly.

She now realised that the Alpha won't let her give this exam or any other exam of the last semester she was in. And, she couldn't let that happen. She won't let her dreams vanish because of these dogs, as she called them. She won't become a puppet of this wolf's house, she swore.

So, as soon as Arnav started to pull her again, she stood her ground and spoke the words, Shraddha didn't want her to use.

"Please, let me give this exam...... as the first promise!" Aadhira asked, which stilled Arnav at his place.