Chapter 3

Aadhira swiftly ran out of the room and took off to the corridors which were empty. Her heart was beating at an unknown pace and adrenaline rush made her ears get hot.

What should I do? Was the only question that came in her mind.

Her instinct told her to run as far as possible whereas, the rational part of her mind objected, saying- there is no running away from a wolf.

All she knew was, she had to run. But where? She didn't know.

Arnav stood still. His eyes blinked as he came out of his trance and realised that his mate just ran away from him. It would have been a comical thing for him to laugh at, if somebody would have been at his place; but it wasn't. He knew his soul mate was human and that she won't be able to feel the bond that they shared.

He still couldn't believe the fact that, she just pushed him and ran away. He had waited years for her and never in his dream he thought something like this would happen. His wolf became furious due to the lack of love and affection that his mate displayed. His eyes narrowed at the place where she once stood.

Shraddha wanted to calm the raging Alpha, as she knew what will become of her friend if he remained angry like this. She was about to say something but he left the place in a speed she only could imagine. Hell, even Jay isn't as fast as him, she wondered.

The whole class was now staring at the scene that the human created. They internally wanted to scoff at her dare to run away from her mate that too an Alpha! But they didn't. They couldn't disrespect their Luna- whom they just recognised.

Shraddha followed him out of the room, but when she came out she was met with an empty corridor.

How exactly fast is this dog? She wondered. She didn't notice the fact that the invigilator didn't stop her from leaving the examination hall.

Aadhira was now at the last step of the staircase. She was about to get out of the building, when her instinct told her to turn and see where the wolf had reached. And probably, that was the worst mistake she could ever commit.

As soon as she turned around, a swift wind blew on her face and the next thing she experienced was getting pinned on the nearby wall.

His movement was so fast and controlled that even when she hit the wall, she didn't feel pain. It was now that she realised, that his hand which was behind her had actually protected her. She would have thanked him, but then looking at his face, she decided to keep quite.

She was breathing heavily due to the stunt that she just pulled, whereas he stared at her and appreciated her beauty. Light sweat were visible on her forehead. She waited for him to speak something first, but that didn't come. He was too indulged in appreciating his mate. He could stand like that forever and look at his soul mate, if that was possible.

She stood there for what seemed like eternity, just staring at the crisp black colour shirt that he wore. But, when his hand which held her back started moving up, she started panicking. She tried to push him again, but he wasn't stupid to become a fool now. He was completely in his senses and oh, how he loved his mate struggling in front of her. The animalistic side of him was clearly on the surface; but she was too naive to realise it.

" P.please let me g.go! I....I swear I won't tell anybody. " she begged. Too bad for her that her panicked voice triggered his lust for her more and his grip tightened behind her. She looked at him to see if he understood what she said, but when she did, she instantly regretted. His eyes were pitch black, which was not at all normal. It scared her more than his speed. He looked like a monster, even though he was one already.