Chapter Eleven

The next day, the Avengers team had enough time to relax before preparing themselves for their next mission.

Tony was playing peek-a-boo with Clint's daughter even though she wasn't a baby for that anymore. Steve was outside showing off his muscles by cutting wood, Demeter was in the kitchen chatting with Laura. The twins were in the living room watching some action movie, how typical of them. Natasha and Bruce were talking about god knows what, and lastly, Thor was sitting on the balcony in the front porch thinking to himself.

Vision came back downstairs seeing the twins on the couch,

"What are you all doing?" He asked.

"Relaxing." Wanda mumbled.

"What? Cmon' you all should be training by now." He said.

Demeter walked in the living room and joined the conversation,

"Relax Vision, I think we have things settled for ourselves." She told him.

"I'm sorry, what? Do you not know who we've come upon for this? There's no time to be joking Demeter." Vision stated.

"Look, I'm not joking at all. Let us all relax for today and then tomorrow will be a full day for all of us to be training." Frost explained. Vision crossed his arms,

"Hm, I suppose so." And so he walked out of the living room and went outside to talk to Thor.

"What's his problem?" Demeter asked as she sat down on the couch with the Maximoff's.

"He just takes his fighting too seriously sometimes, let him be." Wanda said.

Demeter shrugged it off and watched tv with the twins.

A few hours later after dinner

Demeter decided to head on infront of the balcony to sit down while the sun was still setting. After a couple of minutes had passed by, Pietro came outside.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked.

Demeter looked up and saw him,

"No, not at all."

"What brings you out here?" Pietro asked as he sat down next to her on the swinging bench.

"Just to enjoy some fresh air and to also clear my thoughts out."

"Tell me what's on your mind, Frost."

Demeter crossed her arms and sighed deeply,

"Vision and I had a more serious conversation the other day and it really made me think about my life. You know, I've come to conclusion that we were all put on to this dreadful world for a reason. The Avengers were put here to help save lives, who knows what this world have come to without you amazing people. It's really a dream come true to actually be apart of the team. I hate to be sounding so sentimental but I honestly would've been lost without you guys." Demeter explained.

"I'm glad you think that way Demeter. It took me a while to think the exact same thing you were just saying. For starters, my sister and I hated Tony Stark, we thought he was a monster. I remember when my sister and I were ten-years-old, we were having dinner with our parents until suddenly one of Stark's bombs came into our home and killed our parents. We immediately wanted revenge on him and we did want to actually kill him, except we didn't. Although we did get some revenge on him but as you can see, we didn't hurt him enough. Anyway, my point is that I'm still so shocked I'm on the same team as him." Pietro said.

"I guess you could say both of our lives have changed, huh Maximoff?" Demeter said while messing around with her fingers.

"They have." Pietro said.

After that moment, was when Pietro looked at Demeter's side profile and noticed how beautiful she is. The way her blue hair frames her face, her breath-taking icy blue eyes and her gorgeous smile. It is clear that no one in this world is perfect, but to Pietro, Demeter was. And in that moment, was when Pietro wanted to kiss her but he thought he wasn't ready to make that move quite yet.

"Pietro? Hello?" Demeter shook him out of his thoughts.

"I'm sorry, what?"

She chuckled,

"I asked you if you wanted to go back inside." She said.

"Oh right, sorry. Yeah sure, let's go back inside."

They both stood up at the same time. Pietro being the kind gentleman he is, opened the door for Demeter.

As they went back inside , a surprise guest came along.

It was no other than Nick Fury.