Chapter Eighteen

(A/N: Brace yourselves for this chapter.) 

"Is the device finally destroyed?" Tony asked breathlessly. 

"Don't you think?" Steve chuckled. 

Tony rolled his eyes, "Zip it, Capsicle."

The rest of the team continued walking on, feeling like everything was okay...for now. 

Vision had left the team behind as he went around to go look for Ultron to finally kill that monster. Everyone else seemed fine except for Demeter. She felt a bit uneasy, she was distancing herself from the conversation between what everyone else was saying. Pietro glanced at her and noticed as he placed a hand on her shoulder and stopped her. 

"Demeter, is everything alright?" 

Demeter bit her lip, "Y-yeah, everything's okay." 

"Are you sure?" 

She nodded, "Let's keep moving along, Pietro." 

Pietro looked at her once again as he placed a kiss on her forehead. Wanda looked at her brother and Demeter, she knew what Demeter kept telling herself in her head. 

"Why do I feel like I'm going to die?" 

Demeter kept repeating this to herself over and over. Demeter did fear death, especially since her whole family was already gone, she felt as if she was going to be next on that list. It's obvious that she couldn't see her own future but something inside her kept telling her that her fate was about to reach it's point. 

As the Avengers were continuing to walk away, suddenly a loud noise rose up from the air. Demeter looked up and nearly fainted, the team held themselves up strongly for whatever Ultron was going to throw at them. 

Ultron was up in the air in some type of jet engine that was releasing bullets as they all were going everywhere. 

As Ultron was releasing the last of his bullets, Demeter quickly turned her head towards Pietro. She saw how Ultron was getting closer to him, her eyes got wide as she ran as fast as she could to where Pietro was standing. 

"Pietro! Watch out!" She yelled out at as she ran in front of him. 

He turned his head and his eyes almost popped out of his sockets as Demeter quickly blocked his body from her's to not get him killed. 

12 bullets to be exact went into Demeter's body. She placed her hands on her stomach as she glanced up at Pietro for the last time and collapsed on the ground. 

"DEMETER!" 

Demeter's whole body was screaming in pain from the bullets that went inside her, she kept coughing up blood. Sooner or later, she was about to be drenched in her own blood. Pietro's heart collapsed as he ran to Demeter's side. 

Demeter tried her hardest to place her hand on Pietro's cheek and gave him a weak smile with her eyes half-closed. Pietro held on to her as she violently kept coughing up blood. Pietro's blood stained hands were now covered in her blood as he kept holding on to her face as tears were streaming down. 

"D-Demeter, please. You cannot leave me." 

"L-Live a good life out there, Pietro." 

"P-please Demeter...don't go." 

"I'll always love you, please r-remember that."  

Pietro's lip quivered as he held on to Demeter tightly as he felt her body go limp underneath him. He put his finger underneath her chin to check for a pulse as it was very slowly beating and holding on for dear life. 

All that went through Pietro's head was, 

"Why me?"

A/N: *covers face* please, don't hate me. Now you all know as to why this story is called "12" now, but the end is not here yet....