Chapter Thirteen

The next day,  the whole team gathered up their things to leave for Sokovia.

"Be safe out there, okay?" Laura told Clint. 

Clint placed his hand on her cheek, 

"You know I always try my best." Clint smiled and kissed his wife. 

From across the room, Demeter looked at Clint and Laura, admiring the relationship that they shared together. She always wished to be in a loving relationship, the last one she had was many years ago and honestly, it didn't end all that great. Her "relationship" with Pietro was on a mild level. All Demeter wanted is for perhaps, him feeling the same way about her. Pietro was never in love, never but Demeter changed that for him. Despite the fact that she gave him some attitude when they first met, he could already tell she was much different than any other girl out there. 

"Everyone ready to go?" Clint asked the team. 

They nodded in agreement and went outside into the jet. 

Clint decided to fly the jet as for everyone else sitting down awaiting to kick some ass. 

"Wow, I can't believe I'm going on an actual mission with the Avengers. It still seems so unreal to me." Demeter explained. 

Natasha chuckled, 

"It took a lot of work, but I think you're ready for the fight." 

"What? You think? Please, she's practically made for fighting." Steve teased. 

Demeter giggled, 

"Whatever you say, Captain." 

Demeter kept thinking to herself, "Is this really what my life is coming to? Saving lives now for a living?" It still seemed like a dream for her. Her parents were heroes, and it was her destiny to follow into their footsteps and continue onto their legacy. 

"Hey, you alright?" Pietro shook Frost's shoulder. 

"Oh I'm sorry. I kind of drifted apart for a minute." 

Pietro chuckled, 

"I could tell. Hey, everything's going to be alright, okay? You have nothing to worry about." 

"That's easy for you to say." 

"That's not the only thing that's easy for me to say." He said under his breath.

Demeter turned her head and looked Pietro in the eye. 

"What do you mean?" 

Pietro swallowed his saliva, he said too much already but it was too late. 

"Tell her." 

Pietro heard his sister tell him in his head. 

"Um...it's nothing." Pietro shook his head. 

"Are you sure?"

Maximoff  took a deep breath and kissed Demeter, long and hard but still passionate. She was very shocked at first, but she eventually closed her eyes and went along with it. The kiss was nothing like those cheesy ones everyone talks about, no fireworks in the background or sparks going everywhere. It was the type of kiss that felt right, it was like if some type of puzzle piece was missing to it and now, that puzzle was complete. 

They pulled away breathless, 

"I should've done that a long time ago." Pietro said as he put his hand in his hair. 

"Why did you do that?" She asked him. 

"Can't you see, Demeter? I've been in love with you since we first met. I mean, I love everything there is about you. You've made me the happiest I've ever been, I've never felt this way for anyone in my life but I'm glad that you're the first person to have changed that." 

Demeter smiled at him. 

"I could say the same for you too, Maximoff." 

"I can't believe out of all the other better places I could've told you this, I chose right before our mission." 

They both laughed. 

"I still enjoyed it though." 

"So did I." 

Wanda interrupted them, 

"Am I interrupting anything?" 

"Actually, no." 

"I saw what went on between you two love birds." 

"It appears to me that Lady Frost and Sir Pietro shared a kiss together." Thor joined in into the convo. 

"Just a kiss?" Steve asked. 

"It was more like, some tongue action in there." Tony said as he was wiggling his tongue everywhere. 

Everyone besides Demeter and Pietro cringed but eventually laughed along. 

"Not to disturb your fun guys, but I think we've arrived in Sokovia now." Clint said. 

As everyone else got off and went outside, the whole scenario seemed so unreal.

Buildings were destroyed, fires everywhere, families becoming non-existent. Ultron was destined to stick to his plan for global destruction. 

Everyone checked for their ear pieces to be working properly and headed their separate ways. 

As Demeter was walking off into the distance, she was startled by a robot approaching her quickly. Her eyes turned white as she flicked her hand out releasing icy cold snow. The robot froze, Clint saw and released an arrow towards the robot and killed it. 

As the whole team were out onto the streets, fighting away, Ultron made an appearance in the air. As he was looking around, he didn't just have his eye on killing the Avengers but he mainly had his eyes on killing Demeter first.