Feelings ✨

KENT

I heave out a sigh after hitting the end call button on my phone. What am I doing? I must be going crazy. But, hey! I was just protecting my friend! Who knows? What if those things are really dangerous? No one knows, right? I just want Serenity to be safe, you know? For some reason, Sophia's words popped up inside my mind.

"Try picturing her dating another guy? What do you feel?"

She says. Was it already happening? Who's that creepy stranger? What if she ended up falling for whoever that guy is? No, no, no. That's impossible! She told me that she hates being around boys so I'm sure it's impossible. But everyone changes!

"Everyone can change, you know?"

Serenity said. And she's right. Everyone and everything always changes so I have to prepare for changes. And I've got this feeling that sooner or later, there will be changes between the two of us that will probably hurt me. So what if she changes? It's not like we knew each other in person. We only met on the phone, right? And we met because of Sophia, the prankster. I wonder how old is she? Sometimes, she talks like an adult. She's kind of weird. 

And why is Sophia thanking me? What for? I got back into reality when my doorbell rang. Who could that be, I wonder? One way to know: obviously, open the door.

"Coming!"

I got on my feet and began walking, heading to the door. As I opened the door, the first person to greet me was a little girl and she's so adorable! I love adorable kids! Okay, I sounded like a girl but so what?

"Uh, and who are you, little girl?"

"I'M NOT LITTLE!" she yelled. Jeez, she reminds me of that megamouth.

"Hey! I'm just describing you!"

She placed a hand on her hips and raised an eyebrow. "Is that the right thing to do when you have a cute visitor?"

"Why would I let you enter my place? I don't even know you — " she cut off my sentence by pushing past me, entering my apartment as if she lives here.

"Nice. You have a clean room unlike other boys"

"Can you tell me already who you are?" I asked, getting impatient. She turned around and faced me. She then gave me a smile and introduced herself as,

"My name is Sophia. Sophia Jade. If I'm not mistaken, your name is Kent, correct?"

"Uh, yes. That's me. Wait — your name is SOPHIA?!"

"Duh! Are you deaf? "

"Please correct me if I'm wrong but by any chance, are you that Sophia who pranked me?"

"Yep! It's — WAIT! WHO ARE YOU CALLING BRAT?!" she growled, furrowing her eyebrows. "You looked less girly than I expected. Well, you looked like a girl but not that girly."

"Are you insulting me?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"You . . . you sounded like megamouth. You're definitely her li'l sister." I looked behind her, hoping to see that she came with a teenage girl but to my dismay, it was my little sister, who entered my apartment.

"SOPHIA! Gee! Why did you leave me?! Too excited to see my brother?"

Sophia smirked at me and said, "Disappointed not to see Serenity?"

"Shut up!" I growled. "So, how did you know where I live?" I asked, wondering how in the world she knew where I live. Well, this was unexpected.

"Can't you at least ask your visitor to sit down and give us snack? Is that wasn't you supposed to do when you have a visitor? Jeez, you don't have manners." 

"Typical Sophia. So straightforward." my little sister, Kathy commented with a shrug and chuckled.

***

"We're already sitting comfortably on my couch and having our delicious snack so how about an explanation?" I asked, waiting for her explanation. 

"One time, I told Kathy about the prank I did. The time when I texted the random numbers I dialed using my sister's phone and because of that prank, Serenity found a love life."

"I'm not her love life! Just a phone buddy! Alright?" I reacted. Hey! It's true! I'm not the love of her life. Like I always say, we only met at phone. We are only friends. Nothing more, nothing less. 

"SHUT UP! Don't you know that cutting off when someone's talking is rude?! Ugh, okay. Moving on . . . I told Kathy that at first, Serenity was so pissed off and annoyed at the boy on the other line who, by the way sounded like a girl. But they ended up being phone pal." Sophia told me. Then Kathy continued the story.

"I remembered that you are always talking someone to phone. The first time was when you're so mad at the person on the other line. The second time, was when you're shyly apologizing and to my surprise, you began calling that number everyday, naming that person 'megamouth' but there are also times you call her Serenity. I told Sophia about your phone pal as well. Sophia asked for your name and when I said that your name is Kent, and when she told me that your her sister's name is Serenity, we thought that there is a possibility that her sister and you, my brother are the phone buddy"

"That's why we decided to confirm if our hunch is correct and surprisingly, we're right. Before entering your apartment, we overheard you talking to someone, calling her megaphone. Who, obviously is my noisy loud sister, the love of your life Serenity" Sophia ended.

Okay. So I'm speechless. What a coincidence! I never expected that something like this would happen. Sophia and Kathy's next words caught my attention.

"By the way, you sounded . . . annoyed. Something happened?" Sophia asked.

"He actually sounded jealous. I wonder why?" Kathy said.

HAH! AS IF!!

***

SERENITY

Sophia is crazy.

Is it right to lie just to see if that pest will get jealous when some guy makes a move on me? What am I thinking? Why did I play along with Sophia?

Because, you are hoping that he'll get jealous when another guy makes a move on you, that's why!

I don't know if I'm wrong but based on his reactions, he sounded a bit jealous. I mean, he wanted me to throw away all the "gifts'' and even gave me reasons why I should throw them away. Seriously? Maybe it has poison? And can it cause deadly diseases? I shook my head and chuckled at his reaction.

Wait — is that even a sign of jealousy? Or maybe he was just right. Maybe, he was just trying to protect me and I was only assuming.

I must be really crazy. This is the first time I felt this way. You know, I couldn't get him out of my head. My day won't be complete without hearing his voice and whenever I hear his voice, my heart beats faster. Good thing I can still talk to him without stammering. 

I don't know what love feels romantically or like or crush or just an infatuation feels like. But one thing I'm sure of was, I have a feeling for him. More than friends. 

Romantic love, like, crush or infatuation only, that, I don't know. Well maybe, just crush. I mean, loving a phone buddy is crazy! We haven't met in person so I'm guessing that maybe what I feel for him is just a crush. Ugh, he's going to make me insane! 

But for now, I am going to enjoy being his friend. Yep, friends. Maybe I'll figure out my feelings for him but not now. And I've got this feeling that we're going to meet when I'm ready to interact with boys.

We're going to meet in the right place at the right time.

***