I: chapter 3

1 year later

"Ranah! Focus!" Nausikaa called out to her now 21 year old Padawan. Red hair whipped around as Zahar brought her foot down with such force and anger, dust from the rock on the cliff went flying upward. "I'm sorry Master, but I just can't do it" Ranah said angrily through gritted teeth "My balance is horrible and I don't think this has anything to with helping me becoming a Jedi." the girl stated becoming progressively more frustrated.

Kasaka remained calm "Ranah, in the past year you have grown angry, and impatient. These things and your aggressive new attitude prevent you from being a Jedi, which is why we're going back to the basics. I took you as my Padawan because I believed you were ready, but now you just continue to regress." Ranah looked at Master Kasaka "That's not true." She said her expression blank. Nausikaa nodded "Yes, you know it is. Now sit and meditate to the ocean sounds. I'm done training you for today. You can come home if the clouds roll in or once it becomes dark." Master Nausikaa spoke and turned her back taking small steps back to the hut. Ranah's eyes watched her Master as she sighed, and sat down grumbling. "I'll be a Jedi any day now, Master doesn't know what she's talking about." the girl said to herself. Ranah closed her eyes as she took a deep breath and relaxed focusing in on the ocean sounds.

The padawan sat still for maybe, 10 minutes, but still was unable to calm her mind and feel her surroundings. Ranah grunted quietly and peeked one eye open to see if there were any clouds. Nope a perfect blue sky. "Wonderful" she muttered closing her eyes again. "One last try" Ranah thought taking a deep breath; her mind became calm it was quiet except for the water lapping against stone.      

     As she became more intune with her surroundings,Ranah heard a voice; it was familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it. "The force brings you power, but it is up to your mind to choose how it is wielded. Take a deep-breath feel the force flowing around you become one with it." Green eyes shot open and she looked around "Obi-Wan?" she questioned under her breath as Ranah began to realize nobody was around. 

The redhead hesitantly rose to her feet and dusted the dirt off of her new chocolate brown robes. Ranah understood what she had to do know. The girl must show her Master that she is ready. The first step was to apologize. Ranah walked into Nausikaa's hut, "Master?" she called out and Master Kasaka came bustling in. "Padawan I told you not to return until it was cloudy or dark." The jedi scolded. "Yes Master I know, but you must listen. I know what you're trying to teach me, while I was meditating I cleared my mind and I understood. I wanted to give you my sincere apologies for my outbursts and ever doubting you." Ranah spoke calmly and with eloquence. Nausikaa smiled "This is exactly what I was hoping you would say. I believe that you are strong enough in the force, and now that you are in your right mind we shall begin your trials." Ranah did not react, at least not when Nausikaa could see, but when she bowed her head a grin crept onto her face.

-

Over the course of the past two weeks Ranah has been tested mentally and physically in the ways of the force and Jedi, Master Kasaka couldn't be more proud. They now stood upon the Jedi Council in Coruscant for Ranah to be announced an official Jedi. There was no ceremony nothing rewarding besides a title and more respect, but Ranah felt on top of the world. Nausikaa returned to Pluv while Ranah went wherever the galaxy need her to be.

-

Another year passes, Ranah now 22 has been on Pluv for the past two months. Zahar has received a well deserved break, but she must leave soon. As of now Ranah is sitting on the dirt floor of Nausikaa's hut drinking tea. "Master, I must tell you my visit has been cut short and I must return to Coruscant immediately, my services are needed." she explains and Kasaka nods "I'm glad you are remaining noble to your work." Ranah smiled "I as well. Goodbye Master Nausikaa, I'll be sure to visit." she assured with a bow and left the hut.

  As Ranah left the village behind her, the redheads thoughts turned to emotion. Being a Jedi was difficult, the constant concealment was a trying task. Although a Jedi, Ranah's rage and vexations grew, but so did her joy and compassion. The green eyed girl was aware of the danger, but she refused to live an emotionless life. Ranah served and did good which was all that mattered in her eyes, as long as light remained in her she could do what she wanted. For these exact reasons, Ranah decided to make a quick stop at the castle she grew up in before arriving to Coruscant.

A/N:  so this is the end of part I. I warned everyone that it would be short, but what you need to know isn't much, but not enough to summarize. I apologize for jumping around time-wise in this chapter, but I needed to wrap up Part I and there's not enough content to create a whole new chapter. So get ready for part II and I hope you enjoyed.