II: Chapter 2

"What were you thinking!" Obi-Wan practically shouted. Ranah looked around the room he had pulled her into. The younger of the pair knew what she did was a bad idea, but she had no clue Obi-Wan would be this outraged. Anakin sat out in the lounge with Padmè who was still alarmed. "You left the Senator unprotected, not to mention behaved recklessly, and stole a civilian owned speeder!" the Jedi Master scolded. "Well you jumped out of a window." Ranah pointed out. "This is unacceptable Ranah. I expect more from you. You're not a child anymore you need to be more careful with you're decisions." he said, his tone loud and harsh. The redhead could take his lecturing had she been his apprentice, but she wasn't and she lost it "I'm not your Padawan anymore Obi-Wan! I passed my trials, I've done missions by myself, I finished my training by myself. I'm a Jedi and I dedicate myself to what I believe is right. You can't and won't control me anymore!" Ranah burst, her voice rising over top of his. "I wouldn't have to if you were responsible!" Obi-Wan shot back. "You don't treat Anakin like this so what's your problem? I show up after being apart from the both of you for three years, and you're the most stressed I've ever seen you. For some reason you don't trust my judgement as you would with any other Jedi. You're the one who trained me for the most part Obi-Wan you did. You and Anakin are my home and family. We're all more than capable of protecting ourselves and others so what's the big deal?" Ranah demanded. The tensions in the room rose with their voices, no two Jedi had ever been so frustrated. "Because I don't want you getting hurt. I couldn't live with it! It was difficult enough leaving you behind on Pluv and you expect me to see you successful and mature after three years and pretend everything is alright?" Obi-Wan strung out. He was the always the calm one, Obi-Wan always seemed so put together. Between Anakin and Ranah the Master was one of the funniest, most understanding, caring, human men to roam the galaxy and he never let that get in the way of his job. So why was he acting up now? Ranah needed to know. Obi-Wan's previous statement alone was enough to keep her mind racing for weeks. Ranah calmed down as did Obi-Wan and they remained near silent for a long time. "We have a lot more to talk about than just our previous conversation on the balcony." The younger Jedi said softly and Obi-Wan nodded in agreement. "Yes, but not now too much has happened tonight. I will see to Anakin and you make sure the Senator gets back to bed safely. We can meet tomorrow, I'll have Anakin send for you." and with that Obi-Wan was gone and Zahar was left in the room blinking at the door.

--
It was around 4:00 PM. Ranah had been instructing a class to a group of younglings. Master Yoda himself suggested she lead some classes while on her mission here. The redhead knelt down next to a small boy, she smiled at him "Dax that really is good, but don't use your adrenaline to push the rocks feel the force surrounding you and trust in it to guide you." The young boy smiled back and closed his eyes for a second attempt. Ranah then stood up and walked around the room surveying the younglings assisting anyone who needed help. The Jedi wasn't sure how to explain it, but seeing the hopeful younglings eased her. It was like the rift inside of Ranah just melted away and she was able to focus. Perhaps she could ask the council to appoint her to this position permanently.

Anakin arrived around 10 minutes before the lesson was scheduled to end. Many of the children asked if he was joining the lesson. Ranah snickered at his obvious embarrassment. "Hello Anakin" Ranah greeted smiling at the younglings. "Obi-Wan sent me to get you. He wants you to meet him outside your suite." He announced, earning a scoff from the girl. "I didn't think he was serious about that he could've just come himself." Anakin shook his head "I don't know Ran it took me awhile to figure out where you were. Master was also very persistent that I come get you." Anakin confessed. "That man will be the death of me." Ranah smiled just slightly, not enough for Anakin to see. "Well doesn't matter I'm glad to see you're in a better mood. Obi-Wan was very tense last night. I could tell you two were fighting. Perhaps he was too afraid to face you in person." The Padawan joked. Ranah turned to Anakin shaking her head "No it's slightly more complicated than that I'm afraid." She admitted. "What do you mean?" Anakin question suspiciously. Ranah shook her head "Nothing Ani, tell Obi-Wan I'll be at least another ten minutes I need to finish conducting a class." Ranah said sternly, dismissing him with her eyes. Anakin took no time to leave and the young woman began to pull the lesson to a close.

--

Ranah rushed up to her room, she wanted to make sure Obi-Wan hadn't got impatient and left. She shook her head and chuckled, Ranah doubted Obi-Wan was even capable of impatience. The Jedi approached her suite "Sorry to keep you waiting Master I was giving a lesson to some younglings." she explained opening the door and letting Obi-Wan enter first. "Make yourself comfortable." Ranah said trying to break the awkward silence. The Jedi Master took a seat on a blue chair that sat facing a window. Soon after Ranah came and sat across from him. There was more taciturnity between the two Jedi. "So do I have to ask you questions and you nod your head yes or are you going to actually speak to me?" she questioned and Obi-Wan cracked a smile "No,I'm just trying to think about how to approach this." "A full day and an extra twenty minutes wasn't enough?" Ranah joked. More silence followed. "First I'm going to begin with our conversation from last night. Then we'll discuss what we were speaking about on the balcony." Obi-Wan suggested and Ranah nodded. "I reacted the way I did after we returned from tracking the assassin because I care fo you deeply. I don't know how to put it any other way. It's against the code to have feelings like this, but if Qui Gon taught me anything it's that you can bend the code and still remain true to the Jedi. Qui Gon was never tainted by darkness and he never listened to the code. You are very special Ranah, so is Anakin, but not in the way you are. Yes, you are both involved in prophecies, but you don't seem to focus only on that like Anakin does. I could go on forever about the ways I admire you, but I'll let you talk now."

Ranah sat back in her chair. How was she supposed to respond to that? It was the girl's turn to let the other sit in suspense. "Obi-Wan, we've only been back together for a day. I haven't picked up on these feelings, perhaps because for the longest time I was so smitten with Anakin. I respect that you've informed of this, but I will need sometime to reflect on thus information and get back to you with how I feel." She said politely. Obi-Wan nodded respectfully "Now we talk about the balcony. Why are you so conflicted?" He asked. Ranah knew she couldn't just shut him down, but she couldn't tell him the truth. The redhead kept her eyes fixed on the floor as she thought of a way out of answering him. Obi-Wan was clever and she carefully needed to construct this plan.

An idea popped into her mind, she would need to apologize a million after it happened. Ranah wasn't one to play with emotions, but she would do what it took to keep her secret covered. She pulled her green eyes from the floor to look at Obi-Wan, then she leaned forward. Ranah put one hand on Obi-Wan's cheek then pressed her lips to his. He didn't act shocked, The man placed his hands on Ranah's waist as their lips moved against each other's as if this was natural and normal. Ranah had only planned on a quick peck, but his lips were soft and something left her wanting more. Soon enough she was reminded to pull away and not play with feelings. Blood rushed to the cheeks of the Jedi. "I thought you said you needed time?" Obi-Wan asked. Ranah couldn't even look at him "I do, I just, I've never kissed a man before. It was a mistake. Please forgive me and give me time to think." She pleaded. Obi-Wan nodded "Of course, I think I should be going now." He waved goodbye with a small smile. Again leaving Ranah alone with a million thoughts and unanswered questions.

A/N: Apologies for jumping around again in this chapter. I hope you all enjoyed!