II: Chapter 7

"You're not working hard enough!" Dooku barked. "Yes, I am. I have been training for 12 hours straight. I've defeated all the droids you've sent at me. If you're just trying to make me mad it's working!" Ranah shouted back. "I'm done for tonight I'm going to rest. Goodnight Master." she said, the words bitter as they rolled off of her tongue. "I think you're forgetting who's the Master here and who's the student." Count Dooku snapped. The redhead stopped in her tracks. "I do not care that you are a Sith lord. Rumor has it that I was once an accomplished Jedi. I am not new to the ways of the force or how to use a lightsaber. You are just sitting here and making me angry!" she yelled, exasperated. "Perhaps there's a reason behind it." he pointed out. "Oh yes, because the way of the dark side is suffering, and fear, and hatred, and anger, and selfish inward thinking. Well newsflash I am always angry. I don't need you acting like you know me better than myself." she shouted. Dooku remained calm "And tell me apprentice, why are you always angry." Ranah stopped, she had never thought about it before. When she felt these things, the girl was just so focused on concealing it and trying to discover a solution, she never thought about the root of the problem. Maybe, Count Dooku was helping drive her back to the light. "It started when I was forced to change Masters. They said it would be temporary, but it wasn't. I had known my Master and my fellow Padawan for a good part of my life. When I was transferred I became a Jedi, but even then it was three years before I saw them again. I was still changed though, emotions brewed inside me that shouldn't.  I felt like I was not following the Jedi  Code as I knew I could. My Masters taught me better than that." she confessed more to herself than Dooku. "And why do you feel you can't follow the code." he continued to push. The thought sent chills washing over her body. "I began to feel strongly for a man, but now I realize that might not be so bad. I can still do that and follow the code and be a good Jedi." she rambled hopefully. Count Dooku shook his head "No. If you let attachments and love in, you open the way for the hate,anger,fear and suffering. Which is why you must embrace the way of the dark side." he said. Ranah frowned. "Yes Master." she mumbled. "Good, now back to you training." Dooku said smugly. 

-

It felt like the training never ended. She would wake up eat a small breakfast, take a quick break for lunch and then train until the hours of the early morning. It not only physically exhausting, but emotionally too. Although Dooku didn't know it was Obi-Wan and Anakin she would speak of, as her learned more about her situation he would say things leading Ranah to believe they hated her. The redhead could tell when he was doing it to, and sometimes she willingly believed the things he said too. She hated how weak minded she was becoming. The Jedi felt like a zombie, or maybe even a puppet. She had given up on fighting with Dooku, because if she did she knew that there might be more that she would reveal. Her number one priority was to try and keep the identity of Obi-Wan and Anakin unknown, because if Count Dooku found out she feared that he would go after them and kill them.  

Ranah finished her training for the day, and when she was finally in her quarters she laid down in cried. She didn't want to be here anymore, she wanted to be back on Coruscant. What if Obi-Wan got back and he just assumed she was vacationing on Dantooine? Same went for Anakin. Her life felt like a living hell. The girl had come here to defeat the darkness inside of her, and she felt that was done. If joining the dark side was being miserable every day, Ranah never wanted to succumb to this. She understood the powers and effects of the dark side, and she also understood it will be okay to feel things as long as she doesn't let it consume her. The redhead needed to construct a plan back to Coruscant and come clean to Council as soon as she could. She took slow and deep breaths until she stopped crying, and sleep soon came after that.

One morning, Ranah was not instructed to head to training after breakfast. Count Dooku said things were going a little different today, and there would be a surprise. In all honesty, she was glad not to be training for once. Bags rest under her green eyes, and her muscles ached. These past few days it felt like the Jedi had a never ending migraine. Were the Sith trying to recruit her or kill her? Perhaps they were trying to grind down every bit of sanity she had to nothing. It hurt to think deeply sometimes. Maybe they wanted to make her into a mindless servant. Who knew it wouldn't matter she wouldn't let it happen. She'd figure a way out any day now. 

When Breakfast was over, the girl followed Dooku out to a balcony.  Ranah had the hood of her cloak up, she didn't want to reveal her face to the other patrons on the balcony. She paid no attention to what was going on, she didn't care, The redhead thought about escaping now. It wasn't until she heard thunderous cheers coming from the coliseum like structure she observed what was happening. She squinted to see who was down there, or what was going on at all. When the image came into focus she saw Obi-Wan, Anakin, and the Senator chained up to long columns. Ranah leaned forward, and Dooku pushed her back seeming to know what she was thinking. Her mind went into a panic, her first thought was that all of them would die. The Jedi couldn't let that happen. She pulled her hood down and stepped forward. "Apprentice." Dooku chided and Ranah looked up at him. "I'm not your apprentice anymore. Trust me If I never see you again in my life it would still be too soon." she hissed, and grabbed her lightsaber. Next she flipped off of the the balcony and landed on the floor of the coliseum. The girl was running towards the three imprisoned when another three creatures were released. She swiftly avoided them and continued forward. By the time she was near the pillars, all three of them had already found a way to free themselves. Her eyes wandered quickly, who should she help first? If she just stood there Ranah knew she would get herself killed, 'just go with your feelings' she told herself.  She then sprinted over to Obi-Wan who was fighting off his own beast. Even with a lightsaber it was hard to defeat. "What are you doing here? I told you to stay on Coruscant." Obi-Wan asked, shocked. "I'll explain later." she dismissed the question. Moments later, Jedi emerged from the stands and Ranah's eyes widened as she got distracted. The beast made a jab at her, only avoided by Obi-Wan pulling her away. "Are you responsible for this?" he questioned his eyes wild. She shook her head. "Uh no." They went back to fighting. 

They were surrounded by clones, Ranah swallowed the lump in her throat as she looked at the other Jedi among her. This felt right, if she were to die she wanted it to be like this, fighting for what was right. She glanced to her left, "Obi-Wan." she whispered and he turned immediately looking distraught as ever. Aware of the presence of multiple other Jedi she didn't speak it, but instead mouthed the words instead. "I love you." The man looked shocked, he didn't have a chance to react further. Ships flew in, lead by Master Yoda along with what seemed like troops of some type of republic solider that was foreign to her. Everyone began fighting back, Ranah looked to Obi-Wan again her stomach twisting in knots. "We need to get Dooku."

A/N: Another mediocre chapter from me. It's not my best, but I hope you still liked it and yeah.