Letter #10

A letter to someone you don't talk to as much as you'd like to

************************************************************************************

Dear Meghan,

I can see right through you. You may be fooling everyone else with your 'crazy girl' act, but not me. I never really believed it, you know. It just never seemed right. The way you overdo it a little, as if you're scared someone might find out the truth.

Don't be scared, girl. You're hurting and you're hurting bad. I can tell.

Remember when I was sitting at your desk before the exam on Saturday, because you wanted to talk with your friend who was sitting in front of me? There were papers scattered all over your desk - most of them notes to help you cheat, but some of them containing frightening secrets. I know that because I looked at one of them and (don't hate me) I couldn't stop reading once I'd started. The things you'd written there – there were heartbreaking, Meghan.

I didn't tell you I read those papers because I've never even spoken to you before and you might find me creepy and disrespecting of privacy – I might be nosy, but girl, those things were under my nose, (pun intended) BEGGING to be read – and even if you didn't find me creepy, you probably would tell me you were alright if I asked you what was wrong.

Huh, I know, I know. Excuses. I'm sorry.

The thing is, I know you're masking all your true feelings by convincing everyone that you are a 'psycho' but you can't convince me. Meghan, I can see it in your eyes.

I think all you need is a good friend.

And I'm sorry for not going up to you and asking if everything is okay. I'm sorry for not protecting you when others make fun of you. I'm sorry for knowing the truth and not doing anything about it.

Maybe it's because I'm just so caught up with problems involving myself and people close to me that it's so hard for me to try to help you with your problem.

I don't know.

I just wish I had the guts to help you out. Forgive me.

Love,

Ariel