1 - Change Of Plan

1 ~ Change Of Plan

Ingrid Brooke

   I sipped on my coffee. I needed to think things out, this was too much to handle right now. With all of the drama, I couldn't handle this.  My mind was failing to piece all the information together.

   Scarlet let out a whine, she would distract me for now. "Here baby, it's okay." I began to cradle her in my arms. I kissed her forehead and leaned my head on the window. 

   It was raining out today. The cafe I was in was small, and it had soft music playing in the back round. I felt cozy and comfortable in the dark brown booths. This was exactly what I needed to set my head on straight.

   I was nearly asleep when a voice cut me out of my thoughts. "Holy shit!" I knew that voice but I couldn't believe it was her again. I struggled to get my head off the window. She sounded pissed, I knew I would be. "Ingrid, what happened to you? You look.. worn out." 

   I knew I had probably scared her when she seen me. She doesn't know why I look like this, all because of him. My hair was in an ugly bun, my makeup was fading off from last night and I didn't care about the rest of my appearance. I felt hallow and empty, so unlike the usual Ingrid. 

   She slid into the booth with worry clear on her face. "Here, let me hold her." She looked towards Scarlet. I didn't protest because my arms were already feeling heavy.

   She shook her head at me. I knew what she was feeling, disappointment. "I'm sorry. I didn't call. Baby, I couldn't talk to anyone." I offered her a weak smile. "When you left, Tate came back."

     "Oh." Was all she said, she knew not to press on the subject.

   I sat up straight. "You moved to Florida so you could spend some time with your uncle, correct?" She nodded her head. "Okay, well then, why are you here?"I made sure to say it brightly, so I didn't seem harsh.

   She shook her head to herself, frowning right after. She kept her gaze on the table. Inhaling, she looked up. Her eyes were watery. "He died." Oh, no. Ingrid Brooke knew how to wear heels and have killer confidence but she did not, know how to help make people feel better.

   I changed the subject. "Hey! We should go shopping!" I suggested. She hugged Scarlet closer to her. 

   "My uncle used to go shopping.." I cocked my head. "He was gay." She explained, a sad trace of a smile on her lips.

   "Okay, but we could go shopping, right?"

   "For what?" 

   "Prom!" It slipped out my mouth on accident. I knew I didn't regret it that much once Maddie genuinely smiled.

   I made sure to keep the topic off Harvey.

________________________________________________

Ingrid Brooke

  I looked in the mirror. Trying on 16 dresses was worth it. This one was worth it. At first it was quite hard to find a dress since I still had to shed off a few pounds but this one, covered my belly and complimented my figure.

   Earlier, we stopped at a boutique to buy me a nicer outfit and we stopped at the salon to get my hair and makeup done. Old habits die hard, I guess. We had only got me a leather jacket, black heels and ripped skinny jeans.

   "Mads?" I called out to her. She was in the dressing room next to mine and since we had a deal, we couldn't see each other dresses until prom night