2 - Surprise, Surprise

A/N: I re-wrote the last chapter because the first time I forgot some stuff. Enjoy this chapter and make sure you re-read the last one before this! xx

******### MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LAST CHAPTER ###******

2 ~ Surprise, Surprise

Maddie Elliot 

   I couldn't sleep. Parker was snoring away right beside me but I was wide awake. Of course, I had lied to Ingrid, I told her that Parker left but I already seen her trying to not let her jealousy show. I didn't want to hurt her by telling her he was spending the night.

   My lights were off so the only thing illuminating my room was the moonlight pouring through my window.

   My head was pounding, all I could think of was Ingrid or Harvey. Ingrid's kisses were enchanting, Harvey's kisses were mesmerizing. Ingrid made me feel important, Harvey made me feel loved.

    I wonder why Ingrid hasn't texted back. She must have left her phone off.

   My eyes were closed when I heard my window open. I automatically shot up, there in all his glory was Harvey. I've missed that face and Jesus, his Green eyes were beautiful. 

   He wasn't smiling, his expression wasn't angry, or anything; he was blank. "Maddie, we need to talk." Oh I hated that phrase. "I need to figure something out and I thought that maybe we-" He stopped himself when his eyes drifted onto Parker. 

   He sucked his teeth, he was clearly mad. "Harvey.. This isn't, uh, what were you saying?" I tried.

   He shook his head, "Never mind, I found out what I needed to." His voice was bitter and it made me feel guilty, even though I didn't do anything.

   He jumped out my window. I quickly scrambled to my feet so I could check if he was okay, but when I got to the window, he was already gone. 

   I climbed back to bed and tried to sleep, I could feel the tears leave tracks on my cheeks. Stupid boys, if only he listened to me, whatever, i'd talk to him tomorrow. Right now I needed some time on my own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

   I walked and kept walking. I knew this wasn't safe but right now I didn't care. Some branches scratched my side but I ignored it. The wind gave me goosebumps but I wanted to go further.

   I had no idea where I was other than the fact it was a very woody area, A forest. My converse were turning brown from the mud but I kept on walking, even when I could feel cold mud in my shoe, I kept on walking.

   When I found the creek, I didn't move. There was a melody which made me halt in my tracks. I wasn't surprised that I saw him, I should be since I'm pretty far from home and I'm lurking in the woods but I wasn't. Maybe I was dreaming but I'm sure I was just tired and a little crazy. I was tired from all this drama, this shit needs to stop.

   I remember last year. It was so long ago, and all I wanted was the attention, I wanted people to remember me. Now? I wanted nothing to do with this lifestyle. I just wanted to be happy. 

   My first step was clearing the air with him. But I waited a little longer, just so I could hear his voice sing out the next lines. "Hand in hand, sparkling eyes. Cos' when I'm with you, I'm grinning." He kept strumming his guitar.

   I finally had the courage, so I walked over and sat down next to him. He acknowledged me but didn't say anything. He kept singing. "Once I was through and now I'm winning." I watched his fingers move on the guitar, I watched the way his adam's apple bopped up and down when he said another word and the way he spoke, it would turn into a white cloud.