3 - Running From Problems

  "I'm so happy to tell you all, I am a new father. This song is dedicated to the most beautiful girl here, I love you, Leighton." He finished off.

   It took me a few seconds to register his words. Tears instantly filled my eyes as I used my left hand to cover my mouth so I wouldn't sob. The song 'Kiss Me' came on.

   Leighton came from right behind me. She briefly turned her head to see my face, then she smiled. She kept walking past me. The spotlight was on Leighton, and the fog made her look so mysterious and enchanting. Her long black dress flowed behind her. 

   I took one last look at Harvey, he was looking back at me. He was frozen in spot as he took me in. I blinked away my tears before running out of that gym.

   I wasn't even sad anymore, I was angry. How could I not see it? He never loved me, it was all fake. But how could he play me like that? I shook my head, getting rid of all thoughts. The hallway was empty, all I could hear were my heels clicked on the floor.

   I wanted to be away from everything. I ran out the doors and into the other hallway. I turned the corner and ran into someone. I looked up. "Oh, fuck you." I cursed. I was definitely not in the mood for him.

   "Nice to see you again, Ms. Elliot." Lucas grinned. I didn't ask how he was out of jail, unfortunately, I didn't care.

   "It was a great performance out there, don't you love watching the love of your life with someone else?" He kept the wicked grin on his face. I began to run away, No way was I dealing with him right now.

   "See you soon." Were his last words before I left the school. What does he mean? 

   I walked down the deserted  parking lot. A sharp pain ran through my foot. "Agh!" I screamed. After slipping off my heels, I massaged my foot before I continued to walk on the gravel.

   It was so quiet out that I wanted to run but I continued to walk through the parking lot. It was dark and the moon was high in the sky but there weren't any stars. I heard a girl let out a scream. 

   I turned around. There was Leighton with blood dripping from her nose, a fat and ugly, purple lip, her hair was out of the bun and her dress was soaked in some type of red liquid. "You!" She shouted. 

   "Yes?"

   "You told her to do that huh?" She tried to keep her cool, but what was she talking about?

   "Told who to do what?" 

   "You told Ingrid to beat me up! You told her to ruin my Cinderella night! Everything was great until you showed up. Harvey left me standing there because he needed time to 'think'! And and then Ingrid comes and humiliates me in front of everyone!" She screamed. 

   I watched her, then I burst out laughing. I couldn't believe she thought I would do that, and ha! I humiliated her in front of all the students! She scowled at me. "Yeah, I'm glad Ingrid did her job but Harvey left because of me? That was uncalled for!" I went along with her little idea.

   "N-no he just needed time to think about our future." She said unsurely. 

   I pretended to ignore her. "What a cherry on top for my day! Ahh." I grinned.

   "He loves me, not you!" She screamed. I tried to not let her words get to my head. 

   "Woah, slow down there, too close." She was two feet away from me, way too close.

   I was about to add something else but I stopped myself. There was someone wearing a black hoodie behind her. Matter of fact, there were about 7 of them all around us. "Leighton!" I shrieked. 

   Leighton noticed them too but they walked right past her and towards me. I backed up until I hit a hard chest. I squeezed my eyes tight before opening them again.

   I looked up at the three men in front of me. One was Cal, the other was Lucas and then there was a traitor, Parker. I felt so ashamed in him when he wrapped me up with duct tape. Isn't there any one else in the parking lot? Call for help!!

   I could expect Lucas to do something like this but Cal? Parker? They were flirty, funny guys who had bets on girls, not something like this. 

   "Next time, don't run from me." Parker whispered in my ear. Tears dripped down my cheeks, How could he do this? "I'm going to make you suffer." I continued to wiggle out of his grasp, but it was no use.

   He looked back at me with a sickening smile. "Fuck you." I told him. 

   He began to caress my cheek, that's it. I let out an ear piercing scream, It was too long, I didn't stop the scream, I just made it even louder once my chest began to ache.

   If they wanted to kill me, I would do the job for them. I would make them want to kill me. He looked at me with a wild look in his eyes. "Shut up, bitch!"

   I kep't on screaming, and he kept on slapping. That all stopped when a white cloth was placed in front of my face. I dropped to my knees and everything went black.

____________________________________________

   I woke up to pain, everywhere. In my chest, my legs, my neck, arms, literally everywhere.

   Everything was too white, I finally adjusted to the light. I was in a hospital bed. I sat up, "Agh!" I yelled when I felt a sharp pain in my back. 

   "Oh, honey!" My mother had deep circles under her eyes, and she looked very distressed. Is this some type of dream? She began to smile widely.

   My eyelids were drooping, "Mom, wew wam I?" My jaw hurt a lot, why was I talking funny?

   She started to cry. "Mum, why ah you cwyin?" She looked back at me. "Why am I hew?" I wanted answer!

   "I'm so, so sorry. Let me explain." I waited. I noticed that I was casts all over my body, how was I in here?

  "Y-you were pushed off a cliff.. naked. A couple found you the night after prom, they were kind enough to bring you here and sign papers, they didn't even know who you were. You were brought here, unconcious. It was a miracle you weren't dead but you had so many injuries." She let out a breath. "You were apparently violated, someone tried to shove a knife up your below area, they teared all that skin." That's when I noticed that area didn't even hurt. "Your jaw was broken when you smashed it against a rock, and the rest of your bones broke from the impact," I felt tears in my eyes as I remembered that night. 

   "You had surgery on your whole body. It was so serious that they said you had a 12 percent chance of surviving. You survived but then you went into a coma."

   "Well, wha day is it?" 

   "It's August 14th, School starts in 2 weeks." I would've dropped my jaw if it wasn't broken. 

   "Well, wha abowt Leighton?" I asked. I was worried, she was there with me that night.

   She gave me a crazed look. "Leighton's fine.. Why are you asking?" 

   "She was wif me thew!" I couldn't beilieve how my mother could actually understand me.

   "Honey, she was with Harvey the whole night, she even left with him." I shook my head, That can't be right, I saw her. "Sorry, it must be imaginations, you've had plenty of time to sleep." 

   I had to rethink everything. I might have been imaginating it because I was slowly becoming crazy with the drama but why would they try to kill me? One thing was for sure, I wasn't letting them get away with it. 

   Maddie Elliot can kill people if she wants to, and she will not hestitate.

THE END :)

A/N: Was it okay? This probably sucks because I was rushing it, Because all stories are submitted today. Yeah, its 4am and I should sleep. 

   I hope I win but if I don't thats okay, I'm a crappy author, lol.

This was fun to write, until next time, xx ~ Tori