Chapter 10 The Build Up

"You got all that" I finish with a deep breath. They nod but I'm not convinced.

They through me a focused look, ready for action.
"Right lets go!" Lina explains, beginning to walk off in the other direction. "Um....it's this way Lina" I say, pointing in the opposite direction. "Oh right, yeah I knew that" we laughed.

The three of us set of for the four minute walk, towards the abandoned woods.

I really don't want to go back there, not after what I went through, but I guess this is what friends are for. I couldn't ever leave any of my friends in danger; especially not with a loony like this! If someone is after me, then there mine to deal with, I need to keep my friends out of this no matter what!

"We're nearly there guys" I began, fists clenched by my side, as I reassured them. They all replied back with a quick nod- I get the feeling they are trying to be brave, but marching along silently, side by side, in the haunting night, only made me even more nervous!

"So...um...if something does go wrong-" Em began, with a shaky tone in her voice.
"Look, nothing is going to go wrong." I reassured them. All of a sudden, the huge, taunting trees, coldly, hung above our heads as we entered the woods. "As long as you all stick to the plan...we will get ourselves out of this mess and safely get Martha back home and away from this creep!" I exclaimed, as strongly as I could, trying to hide the terrified shake in the back of my dry throat.

We now all stopped walking, and turned to look at each other. Reaching into my pocket I pulled out my phone. Shaking, I quickly slung it over to Lina. With this, she shoved it in her back pocket of her tatted jeans, through me a quick look to say good luck, turned on her heel and merged of into the darkness. Leaving just me and Em stood alone in the cold nights air.

I sigh.

"I don't know whether your plain stupid, or the most clever person I know!" Tears began to swell up in Ems glistening green eyes. I quickly through my self into her cold arms, scrunching up my face, trying to hold back any tears that where about to trickle down my cheeks. "Be strong" I reassured her. Sniffling, Em gently pulled away. Making eye contact, she slipped her small hands into mine. "You be careful Bonnie Blake..don't go doing anything stupid!" She whispered. Em quickly whipped her eyes from all tears. Hurrying of into the dim night.

Leaving me stood alone, in the cold, terrifying woods once again...