{ 18 }

{ Blake }

As each day passed, the more I got better. Though Weiss seemed to be falling into this darkness that I couldn't get through to reach her. "Weiss, what's wrong? Something is bothering you and it's making you look like you're being consumed by this darkness that I can't get through," I said, concern in my voice and my eyes. Her eyes met mine, just filled with depression and fear. "Weiss, what's going on? I've hardly seen you like this. It's starting to scare me."

"He... Adam wants you back." Just everything stopped. "He wants you back Blake. Not for himself but for his boss."

"I'm not going to let him take me away from you or anyone ever again." I placed my hand on the side of her face, my thumb stroking her cheek softly.

"If he takes you, I'm going with you. I'm not leaving you alone ever again Blake."

"Weiss, if I'm taken again, I'm not letting you come with me. I don't need you getting hurt. Not again. Adam is someone you don't want to mess with. I'm not going to let him or anyone hurt you." She came and sat next to me. I rested my forehead on hers, closing my eyes as I held her face in my hands with the faintest touch. "I will protect you until my last breath," I whispered to her.

"I know," she said in reply. I brought our lips together, keeping the kiss soft. Her tears rolled down her cheeks and came to our lips. I lightly bit her lower lip, pulling it towards me. Her body tensed from the sudden shocking feeling of brief pleasure. "B-Blake..." I smirked and kissed her again before pulling away. Her eyes were still closed with her mouth agape.

"Now this is a sight to see," I said softly in her ear.

"S-Shut up," she stuttered softly. I chuckled as she blushed with her eyes opening slowly. "D-Did you do that to d-distract me from Adam?"

"Maybe," I said playfully. She blushed more as she connected the dots. "I want to be with you Weiss. But I want all of this chaos to pass before we reach that step." Weiss smiled like an idiot surprisingly.

"I like the sound of that Blake Belladonna." I smiled in return as I began to blush madly. "I would like that very much."

{ Unknown }

Adam was keeping me updated on the current status of his mission. I was making the preparations for her arrival. Getting a room prepared, clothing, jewelry, and so much more. I wanted to provide as much as I could for her. From birth, Blake and I had an arranged marriage and I intend to have that happen. She'll remember me when she sees me. I rose in the ranks in our Faunus community. The previous king didn't have a successor so he chose his next relative that was of age, me. That's right. I'm the Faunus king.

Any day now, Adam will snatch my betrothed and bring her home. I already had an outfit for her to wear upon her arrival. She deserves the very best. "Sire," my top man called.

"What is it now Felix?"

"Lord Malakye is here to see you, Sire."

"Tell him to meet me in my study, Felix. I'll be there shortly."

"Yes Sire," Felix said, bowing respectfully before leaving. I finished laying out Blake's outfit and exited the room. When I entered my study, Malakye was standing by the window with his hands behind his back.

"Ah Malakye, to what do I owe the pleasure to seeing you," I asked politely, closing the door behind me.

"Sire, I've come to seek sanctuary. I am a wanted man in Atlas and my men have either been killed or captured," my friend explained.

"I see. I'll have Felix make you a room. I've told you to call me Alexander, Malakye. We're friends, no need for the formalities except in the presence of those with power." He nodded.

"Have you found her yet," Malakye asked.

"Yes, I have. Adam is currently out on a mission for me to retrieve her and bring her home."

"You're cutting it close, my friend. The Black Moon is only a few weeks away."

"I know Malakye. I have everything planned out. From what Adam has told me, Blake is going to be released from her school infirmary any day now."

"It will be nice to have the bloodline continue once again Alexander. We need our king."