Chapter 2: Morning Time

You woke up to the noise of somebody trying to unlock a door frantically as if their life depended on it. You lifted an eye brow and warily got out of bed, grabbing the knife from under your bed. You kept it there for this sort of a situation. You crept closer to your door...

Then you slammed it open with full force, aiming the knife for the sound. It was the skeleton monster from the night before, and he seemed to have gotten a way to get out of the room without unlocking it after all. He glanced up and down at the door, giving a satisfied, "Hm."

He turned to look at you. You were still holding the knife and looking rather threatening. Just as you were about to put it down, you moved to the door of your room but your hand was quickly grabbed by the monster's. How did he move so quickly? "So," he hissed. "You lead me here at a vulnerable point just so you could kill me? You're a sick freak." His words hurt a little more than the pincer like grip on your wrist. "N-no I just..."

You recoiled a little out of fear. "I didn't know who was moving and I..." I should have known better than to bring him in. Of course he would've been better off without that... You were snapped out of your thoughts as he took the knife from your hands. "Prove it." You stared at him in disbelief.

"EXCUUUUUUSE ME, I DIDN'T DRAG YOU IN HERE TO KILL YOU FOR MY SAKE! IF I WANTED YOU DEAD I WOULD HAVE LEFT YOU OUT ON THE SIDEWALK. IN THE RAIN, BY THE CARS." He stepped back, seeming a little taken aback by your sudden behaviour change. "... Well, that wasn't what I expected. Sorry then hah. I'll just. Take my leave." His voice was casual if not a little lower than it should have been.

He headed for the door but tripped over his own boots, stumbling back onto the wall. You couldn't help but feel that he was like a helpless child at the time, all alone. If you didn't help him, it would be your fault for not taking care of him if you had the chance. Sighing, you went to help him up. He seemed to catch on fairly quickly as he took your hand and lifted himself from the ground. You read a book about monsters, and it said consuming alcohol would give them a hangover as humans get, but not as bad. Which, in your mind was a good thing.

The sooner he got better, the sooner he left, the sooner you get to enjoy your freedom again. Adleast it was a Saturday. You helped him stumble back to the couch and let him lay down a while before going to the kitchen to make breakfast. Today seemed like a good day for your grandmother's old recipe for pancakes. After all, it was a beautiful day outside. Birds were singing, flowers were blooming... On days like these, you would have been alone.

----
Eyy! A little note, I will make the next chapter in Sans' POV! Woop! ^^