Distracted

"I'm riding the bus with you," Isaac said when I sat down in my spot in front of him in Biology.
         "Oh are you now?" I asked turning back slightly. "Where are you going?"
         "You're house," I saw him smirk out of the corner of my eye.
         "Oh really?" I returned the smirk knowing he was just messing around.
         "Nah. I'm going to my grandma's house. Do you have friends on the bus?"
         I nodded my head. "And so do you."
        "Dammit!" He whisper-yelled.
        I chuckle and turned my head straight instead of being slightly turned to the left. More people had begun to file into the classroom, meaning we couldn't communicate anymore.
         The bell rang and Mr. Wright stood up. "Alright class today we'll be doing a microscope lab. Around the classroom I have various samples of plants and foods. Please do one plant and one food. For a plant you'll take a slide, put a little droplet of water and place a little piece of a leaf on the slide. For food you'll take a little flake and place it on the slide. Everyone understand?"
        We all nodded our heads. Meaning we just care about him telling us our partners and then shutting up.
        "Good. Your assignment is to draw a cell from each. I'm making it easy on you since it's the day before break. Now I have chosen your partners because this class cannot handle choosing their own partner," his eyes lingered on the football players. "Anyways I randomly chose partners and if they prove to be an issue you'll do the lab alone. I don't mind talking, but I do mind shouting and things being thrown across the room," his eyes narrowed at three particular football players that enjoy throwing things at each other. "Okay, so the partners are... drum roll please!" He pointed at Ryan who is one of our percussionists in band. After giving a good drumroll with two pencils in his desk, his seat partner, Zach, gave a good impression of a cymbal crash.
       "Josh and Dan, Taylor and Mack, Nate and Lisa, Patrick and Ryan , Isaac and Kat, Mallory and Zach,etc..."
       A smile broke out of my face, but quickly hid it. I heard a chuckle from behind me.
        "Looks like we're partners sweetheart," Isaac whispered.
         "... And last but not least Dylan and Neil. Okay there are your partners. Now go, it's due by the end of the hour." Mr. Wright finished speaking and Isaac was immediately next to me.
          "Just friends," I whispered.
          "No really because going to the most sappy person alive and then take you on the table," he smirked at his sarcasm.  
        My eyes widened and I could feel my ears getting really hot. I kicked his shin for such a statement.
        His hands shot down to his shin and whispered, "ouch! That's the exact same spot where you got me earlier!"
         "Then quit being a pervert," I whispered and smug smile on my face. I got up and grabbed a plant sample and motioned for him to get a food sample.
           We had everything set up and I was looking through the microscope. I bit my lip in concentration, and began telling Isaac what to draw. When I didn't hear a pencil moving or anything coming from Isaac I looked away from the microscope and raised my eyebrows at him. 
        "Need something?" I asked. 
         He shook his head. "What?"
          I giggled. "You're staring off into space."
         "Oh! Sorry. I got... distracted," he mumbled.
          "Oh really? You got distracted?" I said teasingly.
           He nodded his head blushing, and looking down.
           "Why?" I said in a teasing manner. 
           "Um... Y-you were and uh... it l-looked ho-hot," he said very flustered.
           I blushed slightly, but kept my composure. "Oh really?"
           He nodded his headed. "You bit your lip and yeah."
           I giggled. "Get drawing you cheeseball!"