Surprise!

I woke up to the door bell constantly ringing. I groaned and hauled myself out of my warm, comfortable bed. As I descended the staircase, yawning, I heard four loud knocks, two soft knocks, and one really loud knock.
        It was only Isaac.
        I opened the door laughing. "You're so obnoxious."
        "How else was supposed to wake you up?" He said entering and wrapping his arms around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head. I hugged him back and we stood there for a few minutes before pulling away.
       "So, what's for breakfast?" He asked plopping down on the couch.  
       I gave him a look.
       "Are you on your time of the month?" He asked tilting his head to the side.
       I felt my ears heat up as I blushed. "No I am not! You woke me up at 8 am in the middle of a good dream," I mumbled the last part.
       "Oh yeah? What about?" He wiggled his eyebrows.
       "For me to know and for you to find out," I smirked and walked into my room grabbing my hoodie and boots. I then went downstairs again and let Sparky out his cage.
       Isaac who was following me the whole time was then tackled to the carpet. Sparky was licking his face all over, drenching Isaac's face with dog drool.
         I was laughing my butt off at the scene. Isaac was frantically moving his head. He moved his head to the side, and looked at me. "Help me!" He shouted like his life depended on it.
       I laughed harder, but grabbed Sparky by his collar and pulled him off Isaac. Sparky got the idea and sat down by my feet. 
        Isaac sat up rubbing his face with the sleeves of his hoodie. He shook his head and looked at Sparky. "Gee I missed you too Sparky."
        "He missed you," I said still giggling a little. "Sparky stay." I let Messo out of his cage. He simply walked up to Isaac and laid across his legs. "So did he."
        Isaac started petting Mezzo. "Hey buddy." Mezzo simply gave him a big lick on the cheek and put his head down.
        I smiled at the sight and attached Sparky's leash to his collar. "Great. You stay with Ol' Mezzy, and I'll take Sparky to Jared's."
       "Okay fine. Leave me then!" Isaac said dramatically.
       "I'll be back in about 45 minutes," I called from the door, slipping my boots on, then my hoodie.
       "Alright. Don't get mugged!" He called from the living room.
       With that I was out the door.

       I came back in and was welcome by a heavenly smell. I took off my jacket and boots and fallowed the smell to the kitchen. I looked at the table to see chocolate chip  pancakes, bacon, and chopped up apples.
       I gasped, my perfect breakfast.  I looked at Isaac who stood behind my chair, with his dazzling smile. I walked up to him and asked, "why?"
       "Happy 3 month anniversary, sweetie," he held out his arms and hugged me close.
       "You are amazing," I mumbled.
        "I know, but you are too," he said chuckling a bit. He released me and pulled out my chair for me. I sat down and he pushed me in, and sat down across from me. "I remembered your perfect breakfast exactly. Chocolate chip pancakes, with a few of those mint chocolate chips added sparingly. Chopped apples, your favorite fruit. No eggs because 'although they wouldn't've ever become baby chicks, due to not being fertilized, eating eggs still isn't right,' I quote you directly. Besides you're vegetarian anyway. Oh! I forgot one thing on the counter!"
       He sprang up and grabbed something off the countertop an turned around showing a maple syrup bottle. "Lastly warm maple syrup, so that the butter will melt quickly, and complement the pancakes nicely."
       He poured the syrup lightly on the pancakes siting in front of me, and bowed. He looked up with his usual smirked as I sat there gapping at him. "How'd I do?"
        "H-how'd you remember?" I asked in amazement.
         "You underestimate me there dear. I'm full of surprises."
         "That you are."

         A few minutes later after a comfortable silence of us enjoying the extraordinarily delicious breakfast, Isaac broke the silence.
         "So what was that dream about?" A smirk was plastered across face.
         "Not giving in just yet," I returned the smirk.
         "Dammit," he muttered.