Bring Out Your Dead

"Move, move, move! Stand by. Surround target. Hold back!" The officers called, Osgood moved to the side out of firing range, and was flooded with relief as she spied her Boss walking toward the cybermen. Kate walked with confidence holding something behind her back, evidently aware of the threat yet not showing her fear.

"Afternoon- You've picked a lovely day for it." Kate attempted to lighten the mood

"My, don't you look shiny." She sarcastically complimented as she neared the metal men.

"Haircut?" She asked the doctor, adjusting to his change of face

"Bit of a trim." He replied, startled by Kate's calmness.

"Might want to do your roots." She joked her tone becoming serious due to the lack of security surrounding Missy.

"The woman!" She ordered pointing at Missy.

"Yes, ma'am"

Missy glanced behind her and rolled her eyes rather amused by the fact that UNIT thought two edgy guardsmen could keep her down. Kate then turned to address the Cybermen,

"Kate Stewart. Divorcee, mother of two, keen gardener, outstanding bridge player." She listed

"Also Chief Scientific Officer, Unified Intelligence Taskforce, who currently have you surrounded." She finished nonchalantly

"Human weaponry is not effective against Cyber technology." The cyberman mechanical answered

"Sorry, you left this behind on one of your previous attempts."

An older modeled cyberman's head hit the cobbles as Kate revealed what she had been hiding, drawing the attention of the speaking cyberman.

As Kate continued on one a guard standing by the Doctor ushered him forward.

"So now that I have your attention, welcome to the only planet in the universe where we get to say this... he's on the payroll." She smiled pointing at The Doctor

"Am I?" The Doctor questioned slightly concered

"Well, technically." Kate answered not exactly liking the fact herself

"How much?"

"Shush... Any questions?" Kate was now regretting ever bringing up the point in the first place.

Almost as if in reply to Kate's taunts the Cybermen hit their chests in unison, activating the blue rings sending them off flying into the atmosphere. Their sudden departure creates and alarming amount of smoke and gas and the doctor pushes Kate backward as the soldiers turn away from the Cybermen in fear. Missy however smiles triumphantly from the arms of her guards knowing that her plan is still in motion. Osgood and the aim of the guards follow the Cybermen over St Pauls Cathedral. Only to stare in disbelief as the roofing of the monument begin to unfold.

"Oh, my God! Is it supposed to do that? Is-s that new?" Osgood stuttered

"A sun roof on Saint Paul's? Yes, I'd say that was new." The Doctor sarcastically remarked.

"There's going to be mass panic. Everyone in London can see that." Kate began to worry about the civilians passing by, only to be plunged into a deeper state of terror as more Cybermen began to fly out from inside the open dome.

"Everyone in London just clapped and went whee. Hush, I'm trying to count." The doctor attempted to mask his worry

"Eighty seven, I think. OCD". Osgood called out from behind The Doctor

"Ninety one. Queen of evil." Missy butted

"How could Saint Paul's be full of ninety one Cybermen and nobody noticed?" Her voice wavering, confused as to how such a large security breach could have happened so close to head quarters.

"Dimensional engineering. One space folded inside another.... Bigger on the inside." He explained

"Easy if you're a Time Lord." He turned to face Missy, who grinned back at him

"Mostly deploying south, a smaller number east." Osgood reported reading off Missy's device

"Yep, but one straight up." The Doctor questioned

"So ninety one isn't a coincidence?" Osgood stated rather confused

"Of course it isn't." He replied rather irritated by Osgood's generalization, snatched the device off her and heading towards where Missy was being held

"Osgood? Ninety one. Explain." Kate asked knowing she would get no coherent answer from The Doctor

"Ninety one areas of significant population density in the British Isles." Osgood recited, facts that come easy for anyone who constantly wins Trivial Purist.

"That's one Cyberman for every city and major town. It's happening everywhere, all over the world, right now." He glared at Missy trying not to make a scene in front of his colleagues.

"Sweet planet, this. I think I might keep it." Missy glared back

"One Cyberman per city. What could they hope to accomplish?" Kate asked, chucking at the likelihood of a single cyberman destroying hundreds of people

"Doctor!" Osgood exclaimed pointing at the sky as the single cyberman detonated spreading a cloud of fumes over the above sky.

"Has it exploded?" Questioned Kate looking up at the ever-growing gas cloud

"More than that. Cybermen don't just blow themselves up for no good reason, dear." Missy sighed bored by this mundane Human's intellectual capacity

"They're not human." She smirked

"If it's not exploding, what's it doing?" The Doctor pressed

"Pollinating....falling like rain into the cracks of the Earth." She gestured outwardly her guards no longer holding her unsure as to where their target truly was.

"The dead are coming home, Doctor, all shiny and new" Missy smiled whilst adjusting the doctor's jacket front.

"In twenty four hours the human race as you know it will cease to exist." She held onto the doctor's jacket lapel staring him dead in the eyes.

"What are you doing? Explain.... Tell me now!" The Doctor yelled desperate for answers.

Before the doctor could reply one of guards standing behind missy, shot her in the neck with a strong tranquilizer.

"Oh! That was nice. Must do it again." Airly responded before collapsing into the arms her captors.

No. No, no, no, no, I need to talk to her! I need her awake. He protested only to find a tranquiliser in his soon after.

"Argh! No. No, no. Stupid. Stupid! No, no. Argh!" He murmured trying to remove the dart.

Osgood helped him down, trying to make sure he didn't injure himself whilst trying to stubbornly fight off the medication. Kate grabbed her phone and dialed, the line picking up almost immediately.

"Ann, The first protocol is implemented. We're good to go, be prepared for departure in one hour."

"You just have to let it take you." Osgood tried to comfort The Doctor, just before blacking out he grabbed Osgood by the collar, pulled her close and whispered something in her ear.

"What did he say?" Kate asked hanging up the phone as she watched Osgood's face pale

"He said, guard the graveyards."