Desperate Distractions

The Doctor sat at the board table with his head in his hands, as thousands of global reports of Cybermen climbing out from graves flashed up on the monitors. The entire world spiraling into chaos and he was sitting in the middle of it. The gears in his brain slowly clicking until finally he came to only one, just conclusion.

"That's what she was doing. That's what 3W was for. She creates an all-new paranoia among the super-rich about dying." He exclaimed

"She exploits the wealth and the mortal remains of selected idiots so she can create a whole new race of Cybermen. Cybermen who can recruit corpses." He began frantically pacing

"Throw away your guns, Man Scout, it's all over. How can you win a war against an enemy that can weaponise the dead?" He gestured at the Colonel

Ann looked at her watch regularly trying to distract her over-anxious and active mind from designing a worst-case scenario. It was time for her to switch shifts with Osgood and quite frankly she would be grateful for the more silent and less distressing change of scenery. Looking over at her boss, trying not to interrupt The Doctor's seminar on impending doom she headed off to the cargo hold, to seek reassurance from her friend.

"Hey, Missy, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind. Hey, Missy. Hey." Missy chanted to herself breaking Osgood's train of thought.

"Excuse me. Hi." Missy persisted, gaining Osgood's attention

"Can I tell you something really important?" She continued on with mock sincerity.

"What." Osgood retorted rather irritated by Missy's insistence on distracting her.

"I have to whisper it."

"It's, like, SO important to everyone on this plane. You'll get in trouble if you don't listen." Missy tempted. Seeing Osgood's reluctance to co-operate

"Right. If it was that important, why would you tell us?" Osgood stated matter-of-factly, trying to logically prove Missy's argument wrong.

"Well, look at me, I'm bananas."

"Come on. Just a wee bit closer." Nudged Missy

"Just a little closer."

"You know, the Doctor will be really impressed if you learn my secret." Missy tempted Osgood, smiling afterwards knowing she had taken the bait.

"You can come a bit closer than that. Come on, stop mucking about." Missy urged becoming irritated by Osgood's reluctance.

"Don't be shy....you don't smell half as bad as you think you do." Missy chided, Osgood finally giving in stopped right in from of Missy.

"There are two armed men directly behind you." She reminded, trying to hide the fact that she was indeed completely out of her comfort zone.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Missy dismissed

"If you've got something to say, just say it."

"Ahem." Missy cleared her throat, craning her neck forward. Rather reluctantly complied Osgood leant in, centimeters from the madwoman.

"I'm going to kill you in a minute." Missy whispered grinning devilishly

"I'm not even kidding."

"You're going to be as dead as a fish on a slab any second now, all floppy and making smells." Osgood pulled away in desperate need of her inhaler.

"But don't tell the boys. This is our secret girl plan." Missy pretended to be surprised, always the theatric.

"Why would you bother killing me? I'm not even important." Osgood replied trying to mask her fear.