Hollow; Chapter Three

HOLLOW; Chapter Three ( UNEDITED )

No matter how many times I look for a water source I find water but it's never fresh. Bottled water is anything thing I could find, searching in a house or two on my ways.

There's three houses to my right, right almost under the highway. Cars use to race down and across the traveled roads. Now, it's littered with The Fallen.

My stomach grumbles and I take off my bag, diving into a can of green beans. The food still in the phrase between  lukewarm and room temperature. When I look onto my bag I only have three more cans of green beans, four cans of corn and three packets of Unboiled rice. That's enough For almost two weeks.

I don't want to be the last one standing. I jump down from the arched curve of the highways down into one of the houses. It's not breaking in when the pile of rubbish still standing with no one to be alive inside. The door opened with a creeping sound, dusty was everywhere and a foul smell throughout the house, I doubt there was going to be anything good in this place.

Rummaged throughout the cabinets, looking at the living room. Under the couches was a few mice, none that would snap at me. The T.V was blown out and the remote; I wasn't going to be fond of it.

I pausing looking around, running my gloved hands on the coffee table and the sofa table, dust lingers on my gloves, leaving lines of dust that I made from touching the surface. I wipe my hands together letting the dust fall onto the floor and venturing more in depth of the house, spying a staircase leading downwards. I follow the steps, entering a large room. A pool table in the middle, a bar stand in the right corner, and a China cabinet filled with liquor bootleg and champagne cups stood not moving an inch.

Not wanting the mess with 6-year-old liquor I leave it aside, although I've never drank it and I'm not planning onto. The pool table was missing most of the balls, and I didn't even see a pool stick around. Then came the bar table, fresh cold marble with lint all across it, the floor creaked when I stepped over on the other side of the counter. I kneel down by the creaking floor and pull over the cold marble block revealing a hollow source. I pulled my hand into it still gloves and felt around, a slimy substance then hard rock hits against my fist. I had hit the edge of the hollowed source. I felt around again, noticing that the slimy substance was turning colder as I felt around it. I pulled back my hand and looked at it. An unusual color appeared—a dark greenish blue mixture, one that i've never seen—, and all over my hands it stuck.

I shook off the goo and put my hand back into the hollow area, feeling around I hit another hard substance, this time I grasp onto it and pull it out. My eyes locked onto the hard rock, it looks like a greenish-white, an oval. Around it was a chain.

A necklace it was, I cleaned it with a six-year-old towel that was in the cabinet. I flipped the necklace in my hand and threw the towel into the rusted sink. Thank goodness that there wasn't any of The Fallen in here.

I shoved the necklace into my bag and looked around the house again and headed out. This time feeling a little bit richer.