A Desire; Chapter Nine

Huntsville, Alabama was place that I grew up in, one that I'd desire for. The glorious mountains that we'd call hills, though the ones far away are actual mountains (as some say). The train tracks use to make a bump in the car, jolting me up and a giggle would hiccup. The territory, if you go down the main road; Winchester -heading north of course- you'd end up into our neighbor Tennessee and if you went northeast you'd head for Atlanta, Georgia.

Jess and I kept our footing, aproxamently almost a week since Sebastian had ran off, we head to Atlanta as what Jess informed where she would think her brother would be. The once -many years ago of course- was filled with people, then again now, just The Fallen decayed.

Jess was telling me about her life in Atlanta, starting with "Once I was in Atlanta and..."

"Anyways," Jess waved her hand,"Gavin had came home late that night, everyone else was asleep, he looked exhausted. I'm still not sure from what but he didn't do work, there's no use for money. Yeah, a bustling town like Atlanta and you wouldn't need any money." Jess laughed, her smile faulting every now and then.

+++

The nighttime came rather quickly, bring me to my slumber. Jess didn't sleep, she never sleeps.

My mind was playing its tricks, showing me Jess' older brother; a survivor. Then him looking at me with a dishonest look. Gavin cradled his younger sister in his arms, whispering words to her.

Jess cried, she turned her head and yelled, her voice cracking. "Nat, why'd you do it!" She yelled.

"Do what?" I tried to speak, no words came out leaving my face filled with confusion. "Why'd you leave him!? Why'd you leave my brother!" Jess screamed.

I couldn't speak, nor move. Tears spilled softly down my cheeks, I didn't realize till Jess and Gavin were doubling. Jess' screams dialed down, or I must've blocked them out.

Weren't we in Huntsville? Not Georgia?

In my head I screamed, not even trying to regain my staineablility. Jess' brother wouldn't dare look at me without a vile look. He frightened me, not just that he was a guy or that he looked like he could at least break a rib or two of mine. He frightened me because he gave me a look, one that was just...idealistic.

A desire fore me to Regain my control, leaving me back to reality gave me my opportunity to leave the sickening dream, that stupid nightmare and see if everything was alright. The dream kept going, and Jess kept yelling. How do I stop this? It seems so real...like I could touch it.

"Nat!" I heard Jess yell, "Nat"

+++

I threw myself upwards, in a cold sweat, my heart bounded. "Nat!" I heard, a pair of arms squeezed me. I looked somewhat to my right, still more tired then awake. "Jess," I whispered and wrapped my arm around her. "Jess. I'm so so sorry." I inhaled, clinching my teeth together. Jess pulled away, looking at me, standing up slowly so her knees wouldn't buckle.

"What are you sorry about?"

"Your brother, I'm sorry."

"Nathalia, he's alright, I feel it in my bones." She showed me a half-smile. I looked up at her, standing up, "now you sound like an elderly lady," I chuckled softly.

The sun was rising as we stood there, just reading each others expressions. Jess walked back over to her back and I sat against one of the curbs.

"Oh hush, now if you want to go back to sleep then sleep, I'll be out trying out my walking."

I shook my head slightly, chuckling at my friend and rubbing my face. "No, I'm fine," I lied, "well keep going."

I rose, grabbing onto my bags and putting my jacket back on. Jess struggled to get her bags, leaving me to grab then as she put it on one by one. "Thanks, sorry again"

"Your being so selfless,"

"And so are you," jess made a face and adjusted her straps, leading the way. "About a week away, keep a good lookout for him or anyone. Well stop by one of the stores up ahead, I checked and seen a few while you were sleeping, if we can find -doubtly- some batteries, well have some flashlights. The batteries that I have are running low."

Jess seemed determined as we walked and she talked, my exhaustion keeping me behind her. A hand on my shoulder rubbing it.

This was Day One, all over again. My desire to see my family weakened, my brain malfunctioned reminding me that their gone, and that desire will lurk there. Keeping me down.