s

calum is cute.
and handsome.
i want his genetics.
or his dick.

-

today's the day.

most people enjoy this day, others kinda don't.

it's Valentine's Day.

okay, maybe that sounded a bit dramatic.

but today is when lovers spoil each other rotten, make love (and accidentally make a baby), or just hang out and eat pizza. today is also when the school is having a dance.

of course, luke and ashton have failed to ask each other to the dance. this was causing luke stress because a) ashton could've found someone already, b) was doing something else, c) he could reject luke because luke is his friend and that'd be awkward (even though they basically kiss each other).

yes, luke decided to get some balls and ask ashton out during lunch (now). michael & luke planned everything out after ashton left luke's house.

"ashton is gonna love it, mate! don't sweat, even if he says no, you'll always be good friends." Michael patted luke on the back.

luke looked down at all the items he carried, "but that's the thing, mike, i don't want to be friends with him." he looked into his friends eyes, "i wanna be more than that, and it pains me to know it won't happen."

michael just grabbed luke's broad shoulders and shook him, "luke, get this through your smart brain; ashton loves you! you're just blinded by your love for him to see it! so now go out there and show him that you're a man!" michael turned luke around and slapped his butt, shoving him into the cafeteria.

as he looked down at his items again, he spoke to himself, "breathe, luke, breathe." he looked up and saw calum setting ashton in place in the middle of everything. he looked so cute there in his grey sweater that went past his long fingers. luke couldn't help but awe at him.

calum gave him a thumbs up as the signal for luke to surprise ash.

"no turning back now." so with one last look at the poster, teddy bear, and flower crown (because ashton adores them), he stepped forward.

as ashton turned around, luke got on one knee, "ash, you're my best friend and today is the school dance and the day were we cherish the ones we love, so ashton fletcher irwin, will you go to the dance with me?"

ashton just covered his mouth in shock and nodded, too surprised to even speak. luke got up grinning and hugged the short boy while everyone else was applauding, whistling for the two and taking photos for social media.

the two hugging boys were just savoring the moment, never wanting it to end.

-

they were at the dance.

luke and ash were wearing matching dark red ties and tuxedos. as their mothers said, they were rather devine and handsome.

mike and calum had their own dates with a girl and a guy, ashley and josh. they were all rather adorable.

as ed sheeran's photograph was playing and considering it's a slow song, luke and ash were dancing together. it took a few minutes (almost an hour) and luke went to ash to dance with him. it was a magical moment for the two because they're slow dancing with their crush.

"lukey, why'd you ask me out?" ashton looked up into luke's eyes.

"because you're my best friend," there goes the heart, "and i didn't want you to be alone on valentine's day eating cookie dough ice cream and watching orange is the new black or fuller house. i'd be a terrible friend for letting that happen, so i thought why not let ashton be happy instead of sad and lonely on the most romantic day of the year."

what did i do to deserve you? ashton thought. but instead of making a fool out of himself, he sighed lovingly, kissed luke's cheek and whispered, "thank you."

just as the song was ended luke decided to be cheeky and dip ashton. ashton squealed and giggled, michael may or may not have been taking multiple photos and posting them everywhere while his date smiles at him for being so damn cute.

at the end of the night, luke and ash were to be the cutest thing ever and do the 'i'll-hug-you-from-behind' stance. just as the last photo was taken and before luke forgets, he kissed ashton's shoulder and ashton being a cutie, he blushed down and smiled at the ground. of course the photographer couldn't miss an opportunity like this and took the photo. she gave them the last photo for free as a gift and the rest they paid.

the two lads were outdoors just admiring the scenery. ashton was looking at the photos, while luke was looking at him, and questioned the boy, "what does a shoulder kiss mean?"

luke leaned over and kissed the boys shoulder again, "a kiss on the shoulder means you're perfect and ashton," he gently moved ashton's head to look at him, "i think you're the most perfect person out there and no one can compare to your beauty." all ashton did was wrap his arms around luke's neck and hug him.

the night ended well for the boys and once they both got home, they both slept with the other one their mind and lazy grins placed on their lips.

and as their sons were sleeping, liz and anne were cooing at the photos and talking about the future for them.

but no one had to know besides them.

-

i appreciate myself for this 900+ worded chap.