Forever Dead ::12:: Killers...

I yawned and opened my eyes, staring straight into a pair of green ones.

“What?!” I yelled, startled.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to frighten you. You got in awfully late last night…” 6 said, sauntering to the closet and changing into her uniform.

“Another test?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Yes. And no changing the subject.” She said, reading my mind.

“We just ate dinner. That’s it.”

“Mhm. That’s why you were mumbling his name in your sleep?” I blushed.

“I was not!”

“Yeah… you’re right, you weren’t. But your blush just proved otherwise.” 6 smirked. I sighed and changed into my uniform.

“You’re tricky. And okay, so we kissed. Big deal….big mistake.” I added.

“Why? You’re hear to win over his affections, and from where I’m standing… you’re in the lead.”

“I don’t want to be.” I said firmly.

“Then why are you here?” she stood in front of me now, crossing her arms.

“I am not here by choice. You know I was taken against my will.”

“Then why do you compete? Plus…I see the way you look at him. I can tell you like him.” She smiled and patted my shoulder. “Maybe you should actually try to get to know him, you might like what you see.” And with that she exited the room.

“Come here you little vixen!” Macy came in and rushed over to me.

“Hey.” I said weakly, still thinking about what 6 said. She was right. Last night I had glimpsed a side of Nicholai I didn’t even know existed, and I liked it. But she was wrong that I needed to try. I would not try to win this, her proving that I liked Nicholai just pushed me farther away from him.

“So how was it? Tell me everything!” Macy squealed, sitting down on my bed.

“It was nice. We had dinner on the patio, went swimming and that was it.” I decided not to reveal the kiss; hoping 6 would keep her mouth shut.

“That’s it?” Macy’s face fell.

“Yup.”

“Well, that’s just unacceptable! You were gorgeous last night, definitely wearing a kissable outfit!” She stood, outraged.

“Calm down matchmaker. This is a good thing remember, he’s all yours.” I winked.

“Yeah, but you deserve a chance too. I’m sorry it didn’t end how you wanted it to.” She said sympathetically, patting my shoulder. I saw a glimmer of glee in her eyes though and just scowled on the inside.

“Yeah, so what is today’s test?” I said, walking out the door. I heard Lucia’s voice down the hall calling us to line up.

“I don’t know. Hopefully something sexy.” She said giggling, holding my hand. I laughed along with her, fake of course, and walked in line down the stairs.

“How was last night? I was kind of hoping to find your body dead this morning.” Mandy said, laughing with 3.

“Well you’ll never know then huh? I may not be dead… but that doesn’t mean we didn’t have fun.” I winked and laughed at the scowl on her face.

“Like he would ever touch you. You’re tainted. Just dirty white trash.” Mandy yanked my hair since she was standing behind me. I turned and faced her, since we stopped in the ballroom.