Chapter Four

Percy found himself in the Olympus throne room the next day with his cousins. Thalia had informed him on the way there that the other members of the Seven had already been summoned to Olympus while he was unconscious. He was happy for his friends but he didn't know if he would be able to face them again. He felt fractured inside, and if he suffered one more hit he might shatter.

Percy stood in a line in front of the Olympian Council next to his cousins. The three of them bowed to the gods, going down on one knee and staying there. "You summoned us."

Zeus nodded and gestured for them to rise. "Your efforts have helped save Olympus once again. We would like to offer you each a wish, as long as it is within our power, as compensation."

Percy felt slightly skeptical. They had not honored his wish after the Titan War and he doubted Zeus would do so now. "Will you swear on the River Styx?"

Zeus mouth twisted into a grimace. He looked like he wanted to argue but Poseidon glared at him, and he grudgingly agreed. "We swear on the River Styx to fulfill your wishes as long as it is within our power."

Percy narrowed his eyes. He tried to keep his tone polite and respectful. "Could you swear on the River Styx to honor our wishes within the week, Lord Zeus?"

Zeus glared at him. "You dare-"

Percy cut him off. "Yes, I dare. You haven't honored your promise from the last war and I want to make sure this time."

Zeus looked murderous and opened his mouth to protest but was cut off once again, this time by Hera. "The boy is right, my lord. We swear upon the River Styx to fulfill your wish within the next week."

Percy sent her a grateful smile. He still hated her, but he didn't need to make another enemy. "Thank you."

"Very well," Zeus grumbled. "What is it that you wish for?"

Percy glanced at his cousins who each nodded at him. He decided to try and push his luck. "First, I would like you to honor your wish from the last war."

"You question our oath?"

"Of course not, Lord Zeus. However, I would like to see it for myself," Percy responded, flashing him a wolfish grin.

Zeus glowered at him. He nodded at Hephaestus who flashed out of the throne room. A moment later he flashed back in with two thrones. One was dark obsidian that had a dark aura around it. The base was decorated with small, glittering gemstones or varying rarity. There also seemed to be human bones along the base of the throne, however, they were made of strangely white and polished stone, not unlike marble. The back of the throne was ornate and had more gemstones along the top. The other throne radiated warmth and had a comforting aura. The colors resembled a fire, the base was brown before it moved onto red, orange, and yellow.

The thrones were situated on opposite sides of the room at the end of the other thrones. There was a bright light from each of the thrones. A moment later, both Hestia and Hades appeared next to their thrones. Hades had a look of shock on his face and Hestia was sending Percy a warm smile. Zeus gestured to them and the gods took a seat in their respective thrones. Once he had sat down, Hades smiled gratefully.

"There," Zeus said, "we have honored your wish."

He was about to move on but Percy interrupted again. "You haven't honored everything. The peaceful Titans still need to be released."

Zeus scowled at him and snapped his fingers. There was a bright flash and Leto appeared in between Artemis and Apollo's throne. The twin archers hurried off of their thrones and helped support their mother, who was swaying from being suddenly teleported.

"Are you done now?" Zeus asked, annoyed.

"Where's Calypso?" Percy asked.

"She's already on her way back," Zeus's tone was firm and his eyes promised pain if Percy tried to ask questions. "Now, what is your wish?"

Percy pursed his lips and kept quiet. Thalia stepped forward, directing the Council's attention onto her. "We have already discussed it, my lords, and have decided on what we want."

"Which is?"

"We want to leave," Nico said.

"Leave?" Hades repeated.

"We want to lead normal lives in the mortal world without worrying about monsters or wars," Nico explained.

"My son, is that true?" Poseidon asked, looking at Percy. Percy nodded and refused to meet his father's eyes.

"That is a large task you set before us. Three children of the Big Three living together in the mortal world will attract attention," Hephaestus pointed out.

"We could create something to dampen your scent, but that will only decrease your chances of being attacked, not eliminate them," Athena said.

"That's fine," Thalia agreed, "we can deal with whatever monsters that manage to track us down."

"Percy will also need a new identity," Aphrodite said gleefully. "Even the Mist has its limits. If you truly want to live normal lives then Percy Jackson needs to disappear. You've already made it onto the news too many times."

Percy, Thalia, and Nico glanced at each other. They hadn't thought of that when they decided to leave.

"I'm willing to do that," Percy said. If he did this, he could have a completely new start. He had already failed as Percy Jackson, maybe he could be better as whoever he became.

Aphrodite squealed at the prospect of getting to give him a makeover. "I'll get started right away!"

"Come back tonight and we will have everything ready," Zeus said.

The three of them bowed to their respective parent before bowing to the entire Council. They left the throne room and started making their way to Apollo's temple so they could see what other abilities Percy had. They had just exited the room when Percy saw his father standing off to the side.

"Go ahead, I'll catch up with you," Percy told his cousins.

"You sure?" Thalia asked.

Percy nodded before he turned and made his way over to his father. The man was standing there, nervously wringing his hands together. He had a worried look on his face. Once Percy was in front of him, he pulled his son into a hug.

Percy wrapped his arms around his father and breathed in his scent. His face twisted into a sour expression as the scent brought back the memory of the infirmary, directly after Annabeth had died. The sea used to bring back fond memories but now it just reminded him of everything bad in his life. His father let go of him and he quickly put a neutral look on his face.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Poseidon asked.

"I'm sure, Dad. I can't walk around camp every day knowing that I'm never going to see her again," Percy said, his tone final.

Poseidon nodded sadly in acceptance and put a hand on Percy's shoulder. "I'm proud of you, Percy. Know that I will always love you and you will always be my son."

Percy smiled sadly. "I know, Dad. I love you too but this is something that I have to do." He hugged his father one last time. Poseidon offered him a small smile once they pulled apart before he turned into a fine mist and disappeared, leaving behind the smell of salt water.

Percy quickly made his way to Apollo's temple. It seemed final like he was walking away from being the son of Poseidon and leaving it in the past. 

Edit 6/25/19 - I'm rewriting the first six chapters of the story to fix some plot holes and make the story better. The gist of the story is the same so you don't HAVE to reread it but I would because there are more details and is better than what was written before.

Let me know what you think of the chapter. Please remember to vote and comment!

<3 S