Chapter Eight

"Time's running out Jackson," Thalia growled. She had just threatened Percy to explain but he was still staring at her like a Kelp Head. Her threatening seemed to work and shook Percy out of his stupor.

"Please don't kill me!" Percy begged.

"I won't if you actually listen to me and explain what on Olympus just happened!"

Percy chuckled sheepishly, "Um, remember when I got bit by that spider during the final battle with Gaea and was knocked unconscious for a while?"

Nico's raised an eyebrow, "I think you're forgetting the part where you got spider powers and can now stick to walls." His eyes widened and he groaned as he came to a realization. "Please, tell me you aren't the new vigilante that's running around."

Percy grimaced which seemed to be the only confirmation that Nico needed.

Thalia blinked once but, showed no other reaction. She asked, "What does that have to do with Tony Stark coming to visit us?"

"He discovered your identity," Hestia stated softly. Percy nodded his head in response.

"You idiot," Thalia hissed.

"Yeah, whatever, I know- I'm a Seaweed Brain," Percy dismissed. "We have bigger problems though."

"And what," Nico asked sarcastically, "could be more important than a billionaire finding out your secret?"

"How about a billionaire wanting my help in a fight against Captain America?" Percy snapped.

Thalia's eyes widened, "Why would he want your help fighting against Captain America

"You aren't going to do it, are you? If you do, I am never talking to you again. I remember him from before the Hotel. He was everyone's hero," Nico told Percy.

"I don't know. It was something about the Sokovia Accords," Percy answered Thalia, choosing to ignore Nico's fanboying about the man he could potentially be fighting.

"I have heard about these Sokovia Accords," Hestia started, "and from what I know, I do not think you should do this."

Thalia nodded her head, "I agree. I was reading up on them the other day-"

"I didn't know you could read," Nico snorted in amusement.

Thalia glared at him before continuing, "The basis of the Accords is to reign in the Avengers."

Percy nodded his head thoughtfully, "That's matches up to what Stark said."

"Well, the part he didn't tell you, is that the Accords also forces enhanced people to register with the government."

Percy paled, "That's not good. I guess that settles it then. Stark is going to be disappointed when he comes back."

***

The knock on the door startled Percy even though he knew it was coming. He lunged towards the door and opened it, trying not to flail too much. Unsurprisingly, it was Tony Stark standing behind the door, with a briefcase in hand. The fake smile on Stark's face dropped once he saw that Percy didn't have anything with him.

"You aren't coming," Stark stated unnecessarily.

Peter shook his head, "I'm sorry Mr. Stark. I looked up the Sokovia Accords and while I agree with some of it... the rest goes against what I believe in."

Stark just sighed dejectedly, "I had a feeling you were going to say no. You're a good kid Peter. Don't change."

"I don't plan on it, Mr. Stark," Peter said confidently.

Stark looked like he was going to walk away for a moment before he turned back to Peter. He held out the briefcase. Peter took it gingerly, wondering what was inside.

Stark inclined his head, "A gift. I think you could be great, kid. You just need some help. We'll be in touch."

Peter smiled sincerely, "Thank you, Mr. Stark."

Tony just gave him a tight smile that looked more like grimace before walking down the hall, leaving Peter standing in the doorway.

Percy closed the door to the apartment and took the briefcase back to his room to open. He set it on his bed and slowly reached for the clasps. He had a feeling that whatever was inside would change his life.

It was like a scene from a movie when Percy finally opened the case. The first thing he saw was the spider symbol and the brightened colors. He grinned to himself as he lifted his new suit out. He couldn't wait to try it on for the first time.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

I AM CHANGING THE TITLE AND COVER OF THIS STORY!!!

The story will be the exact same so you don't have to re-read it or anything but it will be different.

I am sorry that this chapter is so short but I wanted to get out the announcement about the cover sooner rather than later. Please comment and vote. I love constructive criticism so I can improve the story and my writing skills.

<3 S