Chapter Three- Job Hunt

Looking in the mirror after Brian had left, India almost had a heart attack when she saw how horrible she had looked. Her hair was glued to her forehead, and she hadn't changed yet so her scrub bottoms hung loosely around her hips held up only by her jacket. And her tank top, front to back, was covered in sweat. And the only reason she smelled the least bit savory was because she had been engulfed in cleaning fumes all day.

India thought since the apartment was looking better, it needed an owner to match. While the institution did allow outside clothes, nothing she had was ready for public consumption. It consisted mostly of scrubs, and jogging suits. India liked to stay comfortable and in the hospital she felt she had no one to dress up for so she never did. But while those clothes could slide at a hospital, she was sure they wouldn't in an interview. She needed an entire new wardrobe.

After an extremely uncomfortable night on the couch, due to the fact that the mattress was still soaking, she decided she needed to do a little shopping before her interviews later that morning. Hopping in the shower and throwing on a light pink track suit with a white tank underneath, and matching white converse, she headed out. Having no idea where she was going.

Getting into the cab she asked him to take her to this small cheap place not far from her house. Pulling up in front of Freddy's Boutique India looked around at the small place and assumed she wouldn't find much there. She was wrong. She spent at least an hour and a half in there and came out with three outfits. Including jewelry and shoes. She picked up some breakfast before heading back home and getting dressed. She had fourty-five minutes before her first interview started. Using thirty to get herself ready, she was in the office waiting room five minutes early.

Her interview line-up today wasn't anything big so she didn't feel the need to get too dressed up. But she also wanted to make a lasting first impression. Her outfit consisted of a black pencil skirt that sat right above her knees, a simple long-sleeved black and white horizontal stripped shirt, and black heels. She added a black bedded necklace and stud earrings to accessorize. Her hair she had just left in its usual puff ponytail, not in any mood that morning to do much else.

The few jobs she would be looking at today, and the next two weeks, were all for secretary positions. She didn't really want to be sitting behind a desk all day putting people on hold but she'd rather do that than scrub dirty floors all day. She had had enough of that already.

She wasn't really qualified for much else though. While you could continue lessons and studies while in the hospital, you couldn't really earn a degree of anything. And technically, you didn't get a high school diploma. Since India was only thirteen when she went into the hospital she finished middle and high school in the hospital and even did a couple online collage courses. She never really finished though, with therapy sessions and always being drugged up getting in the way of productivity.

She was smart though. And a really quick learner. You teach her to do anything and she was sure to catch on and maybe even find a way to do it better. She was sure she could find a decent paying job, for the time being, and once she was actually qualified to do something, she could quite and get a real job. How long that would take the world? Who knows. She wasn't really focused on that. Just the here and now.

"India-Marie London?" Came a small feminine voice. India looked up to see a pale, petite, brunette with big rimmed glasses looking around holding a clipboard. She wore a high bun, black pencil skirt, and matching black blazer that pinched in at the waist.

"Just India please," India said standing. The woman looked at her and gave her a once over before meeting her eyes. India gave her a small grin which the girl gladly returned with glowing smile. It was a genuine smile that reached and lit up her baby blue eyes.