Chapter Four- Job Found(?)

India sat awestruck as Brian made his way into the room. He was dressed in a sleek blue suit that fit in all the right places and while India really wanted to look away she couldn't for so many reasons.

"You two already know each other?" She heard Mr. Thomas ask from behind her.

"Of course." Brian responded. "She lives in my building." Brian walked to the desk and plopped down in the big plush desk chair. His eyes stayed firmly on India's.

Mr. Thomas looked at India. "Oh. You live in my newest complex?"

India and Brian's staring contest was broken when she suddenly jerked her head toward Mr. Thomas. "You own the building I live in?!"

He smirked and tutted. "You didn't do as much research as I thought Miss. London." For awhile she was confused until realization set in.

She had done more than enough research on this man. She just somehow managed to let the fact he owned apartment buildings all over LA, including hers, slip her mind.

She smiled and rubbed her forehead. "Thomas Realtors."

"Aah. You really did do your research," he said.

"Well if you want even the tiniest chance of getting the job you have to know something," she rebuted.

"You're here for a job?" Brian asked from his spot behind the desk. India looked at Brian ready to respond but Mr. Thomas beat her to it.

"She was." Both Brian and India looked at him simultaneously, confused. He sat back in the chair, his arms on the rests. "She came in, we talked, she impressed me, but she didn't get the job."

"What?" They both said, equally as surprised.

India shook her head. "I don't understand. I didn't get the job?" She looked at him to see him shrug his shoulders. She looked to Brian and he wore the same look of confusion on his face she sure she did. Shaking her head again she continued, "But you didn't even ask any questions or look at my files or anything!" She opened the file she was holding and started pulling out the papers. "I spent hours putting this together. And it shows. I put all my best attributes and skills in here. There's not a thing wrong with it. With me!" She started to steam at the thought of not getting the job. Not because she wanted it but because he hadn't even given her a fair chance. He even said it himself. She came in and solved a case they were all to brain dead to solve. There was no way she was leaving without giving it her best shot. "I mean there's some good stuff in here. I'm smart, I'm dependable, I'm organized-"

She was cut off by a chuckle erupting from someone's throat. For reasons unknown she looked immediately to Brian. He held his hands up in defense and pointed to Mr. Thomas. Looking in his direction she saw a wide smile on his face that made her seethe with anger.

"Was there something funny about you not giving me a job I'm clearly qualified for, for no reason at all? After not even interviewing me!?" She tried to hide her anger as best she could but it came to the surface anyway. If there was one major thing she learned in the hospital it was don't show someone how you really feel. They could use it against you. To hurt you. But she couldn't help but get angry at this man. First he denies her a job she doesn't even want then laughs about it! In her face!! It was extremely rude.

"What's funny is you thinking you're qualified to be a receptionist when you're clearly qualified to be a Detective. And maybe even a lawyer." He stood from his position on the chair next to her and walked around his desk. Shooing a shocked and confused Brian away he sat down in the chair and leaned back, his hands crossed in his lap.

For the millionth time since the Interview started, India was confused. Shaking her head and waving her hands in the air she said, "Wait I'm confused. I-Detective?!"