Part XXXIV

not edited

-

"That's too bad. Looks like there's a barrier surrounding the house." I said as Father arrived at Jade's home with me on his tail.

"Why have you not gone away yet?" He asked in an annoyed tone. I was actually quite surprised that he hadn't gone off and killed me yet.

"I can't leave without you." I was starting to get quite irritated now, with Jade's scent, along with my mother's, gradually inching closer. It was frustrating actually, trying to keep my calm in this hectic situation I was in. For all I know, Father could have already figured out who I was.

But I was also quite confused as to why there was a barrier outside Jade's house. I knew Elijah and Rebekah were supposed to be at our home, but perhaps they had retreated underground. Or if they loved me and cared for my safety enough, they thought up of a plan to get my Jade and I out of here.

"Did you lure me into a trap?" Mikael suddenly asked.

I rose and eyebrow. "No."

"Then why do I sense Esther's presence, along with a foreign one?"

I shrugged. "I've got no clue."

Deep down I despised the thought of Jade meeting Father. I was slightly comfortable with Jade going off with Mother since I knew Mother wouldn't try anything with her.

I held in my breath as they slowly came into view, Mother holding a grim face with a tired Jade trailing in beside her.

"Esther. What are you doing?" Father spoke up as they came closer. I watched Jade with narrowed eyes as she took one glance at me, a hint of a smile forming on her lips before she turned away.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Did you create a barrier around this home?"

"Of course not." A hint of a scowl formed on Mother's face as I watched them in amusement.

"I can't sense a thing beyond this barrier." Father spoke.

"Then this house must be important that. Our children could be in there." Esther added.

I snuck a glance at Jade as she examined her home with clenched teeth.

I wonder.. Could she have done this?

"Can't you take down this barrier?"

"I could."

"Then do it." Father said in irritation.

"First, we need to have a talk."

A smirk formed on my face as I glanced at Jade once again, only to have her scowl at me.

"What?"

"You do know this Jade Margaret witch controls our lives, right?"

"We're dead. There's nothing to control."

"Understand that if we do not do as she says, she will throw us back into eternal slumber."

"I cannot be controlled."

"Stop sounding like Klaus."

I saw an amused smile spread across Jade's mouth as she looked at me. I rolled my eyes in response.

"We obviously can't get in Jade's house. Might as well leave then." I commented, stepping in between my oh so loving parents.