III

edited

-

Klaus

I pushed open the doors of the mansion, making it well known that I was angry. Marcel had committed an inexplicable amount of damage on my home. What gave him the audacity to exterminate this town's most skilled witch? I spared her life out of rage against Marcel. What with the filthy decor and blood smeared streets it was a miracle I hadn't killed him then and there.

I stormed into the next room, making my way over to the bar. I picked up a shot glass, staring down at the small design etched on the piece. I poured myself a shot of the ancient rum we had lying around, downing the shot as I rather enjoyed it's burning sensation down my throat. I felt my dear brother's presence approach that room, so I in turn spun around and threw the shot glass at the wall close to the door frame, just as Elijah walked in. He was unfazed by my action, removing a small piece of glass that had submerged itself in my brother's cheek.

"Niklaus. You seem upset." Elijah said as he approached me. I just merely glanced at him with a displeased scowl, pouring myself another shot of rum and consuming it. Rebekah appeared just as I had finished my fifth shot, taking the shot glass from my hand and throwing it at the wall, the glass shattering at the same spot as the first one I had broken. She had also taken the bottle of rum and swung it against the edge of the bar, the broken glass pieces flying everywhere, the liquid getting on my skin.

Within a second I had her up in the air, my finger closing around her throat. I dug my nails into her neck to the point of blood. Rebekah clawed at my hand before kicking me in the gut, causing me to double over in brief pain. I took her by the arm, flinging her to the side like a useless rag doll. She collided with the all glass coffee table in the center of the room.

More glass to clean up. Wonderful.

I watched Rebekah from the corner of my eye pull out a wooden stake from the wooden shelf, charging at me fearlessly. She was fast, but not my kind of fast. I dodged the stake, feeling it slice just a little bit into my skin. I grabbed the stake from Rebekah's grip, twisting around and thrusting it in her heart. A muffled choke escaped her mouth before I kicked her down on her knees. I made the motion to get the other stake from the wooden shelf but my oh so lovely brother finally took that moment to intervene.

Elijah had his tight grip on my shoulder, yanking me back and causing me to fall on the polished wooden floors. I shot up in an instant, glowering at him.

"Enough, you two. Quit acting like children."

And then he turned especially to me. "And you, Niklaus. I suggest you calm your temper. There is a girl resting upstairs."

"You brought a girl into my house? Who the bloody hell do you think you are?" I snapped at my brother, my anger only continuing to rise. I guess I hadn't noticed her scent when I first walked in, too consumed by my anger and hatred for Marcel.

"Oh come on, Nik. Cut the mood. The girl is actually decent looking. And the taste of her blood is-

-Rebekah. That's enough." Elijah cut her off.

I closed my eyes, catching a whiff of her irresistible blood. I had never smelled anything as strong, and that made me only want her more.

And then I realized that this was the same girl that Elijah had brought to me.

What the hell was she doing here?

"What made you think you could bring a human blood bag into my house?" I snapped.

"Our house." Rebekah added.

Elijah only smiled, shaking his head as he sat himself on my couch next to my little sister, who was throwing me the dirtiest scowl.