Nuada and Nuala: The Early Years

Nuada and Nuala

Early Life

Preface

To start this story off, I want to note that if you have never before seen Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, then you will have absolutely no clue who the main (or even minor) characters are in this book. So here, I have given you a short summary of Nuala, Nuada, and the kingdom of Bethmoora. (If you HAVE seen it, do not read this part…Unless you want to.)

Nuala and Nuada are elven twins of the King. They share an imminent bond. One so close and distinct that if Prince Nuada, for example, were to lose a fight and get a cut, nosebleed, or any other injury, Princess Nuala would get a matching wound. They love each other very much though. They are almost inseparable…Well, unless Nuada goes to battle, which he does often enough for Nuala to be lonely a lot. Their mother died after having them, leaving them with a midwife to care for them.

Chamberlain…Chamberlain is one of the King’s advisors. He also teaches and watches after the twins. He is often annoying about this. Nuada also often gives him trouble. A lot….

On the subject of Nuada: Nuada is a warrior. A true hero since the age of fourteen. Bethmoora, the main elven kingdom, praises him and think very highly of him. He is tough, sturdy, and loyal to Bethmoora. The only thing he loves more than his Father’s kingdom is his sister, Nuala.

Nuala is quiet and very intelligent. She is very , very pleasant to be around. Her long blond hair, identical to her brother’s as everything else except facial structure, flows behind her in a long pane. Her face, as does Nuada’s, bears the royal mark. A scar running under the eyes and across the nose. Her large yellow eyes have stunned many people because they are exactly the opposite of Nuada’s, who has dark, beady eyes.

I hope this has clued you in on these characters. I don’t wish to be a spoiler, but Nuada later leaves Bethmoora after growing angry with his father for not wiping the humans out. It’s many, many years before he makes a move, letting go a multitude of ‘tooth-fairies’, killing many people in a building. The events occurring after this is now known as “The Hellboy Incident” in which Red, aka: Hellboy, tries to stop Nuada from waking the Golden Army. In the end, Nuala stabs herself in the stomach, killing them both. And in doing so, she killed off the last of the royal line of Bethmoora.

Great.