Chapter 29

Dylan showers me in kisses, from my lips to my neck, down to my collarbone and then up to my jawline. Back to my chest, holding me in his arms so gently his fingers feel like feathers as they graze across my skin. 

"You're so beautiful," he breathes out. "So beautiful," he repeats. "I love you so much, Alex."

"Why?" 

He stares at me like, really? "Remember that big speech I gave earlier? That's why." 

I roll my eyes, smacking him on the arm playfully. "That's not what I meant. I meant--"

"I know." When I look at him, he's not looking at me, he's seeing me. Truly seeing all of my flaws, but loving them. He really does know, and after all we've been through the past couple of weeks, I'm not surprised that I can be so confident in our relationship.

"So...what do we do now?" It's a silly question, but I know we can't just lay around here the whole day, as much as I want to.

He shrugs. "I dunno. I was thinking that we could call Molly and Jason to go swimming, but I kinda just wanna stay inside for the rest of the day." He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

I nod in agreement. "Yeah, so do I." I smirk. "What could go wrong, right? We've earned one day to ourselves!"

Dylan lifts me so I'm on top of him, and rests his hands on my hips, just above the waistband of my panties. "One day," he ponders, "what are our options?"

"We could watch Netflix."

He nods, and after laughing, leans in to give me another kiss.

"Um, maybe we should come back another time."

Our lips rip apart as we frantically try to find the source of the intruders. 

And across the way in my window, stand Molly and Jason, the widest smirks on their faces.

My best friend nods matter-of-factly. "Yeah, it's okay, we were just leaving anyway." She tries so hard to hide her giggles when she turns away, but it doesn't work. She glances back, and gives me a thumbs up. 

"MOLLY ANNE NEWTON, COME BACK HERE!" I shout, and leap out of Dylan's window, landing in my own room. Molly's already on the move, Jason in tow. I chase them out of my room, down the stairs and out of my house, down the street. Because I've been running for most of my life, it doesn't take long for me to catch up with them, and I grab her arm, yanking her back. I open my mouth to yell at her again, but then I don't know exactly what I'd say. So I just let her arm go and glare at the two of them.

"Alex, you can come back now!" I turn to see Dylan walking out, his arms held out wide. 

Jason's laughing behind me. "Go run to your boyfriend, Alex, I'll take care of Molly for you."

I shake my head. "God, you people are crazy." Then I slouch back to Dylan's awaiting arms, and walk with him back to his house, making sure we actually waste our time on Netflix.

02/23/2016