Chapter Three

Matsuoka finally arrived back to the headquarters, except looking so white and pale. Everyone stared at him as he passed by them. Tatsuya, their head chief calls out for the violet haired detective who seems to staggered towards his own office.

He slumped into his chair, staring onto the blue folder on the table. He had not blinked once after he came back.

"Maybe it's just my imagination…"

"Matsuoka"

He did not hear.

"DETECTIVE MATSUOKA RIN!"

He fell onto the floor, and then blinked as he looked around. In front of him, Chief Tatsuya looking very annoyed. Quickly he gets back on his two feet and dragged the chair to its original position.

"This damn boss really should stop kicking me off my chair, one of these days i might ended up with a broken spine"

"What is it, boss? "

"I've been calling you for the past 5 minutes; I'm asking you, did you go and see the patient?"

Matsuoka froze. Tatsuya looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"You look like you just saw a ghost." The chief nailed it.

He flinched at that word as he sweat dropped, "G...Ghost…there's no such thing as ghosts…"

"Yes, there is such a thing as ghosts, they really exist!" a voice enters the office. A blonde looking teen carrying a few folders in his hands, his long bangs neatly brushed.

The violet haired detective went back into his chair. "How can you be so sure?"

"Jeez, I told you a million times to call me Nagisa!" the shorter blonde whined. Matsuoka sighed as he starts fiddling with a pen while flipping through the file.

"Well?" Chief Tatsuya tapped the table, waiting for a reply from the younger detective.

"Yea I went…"

"And…?" The violet could feel a major headache coming if that boss of his and Nagisa does not leave the office.

"His name is Mizu, which was given by the hospital"

"Mizu...as in water?"

"Yeah, apparently they said the medics named him since they saw the color of his eyes before he went into a coma"

"Well it's better to call him that instead of Kid" The chief shrugged as he made his way towards the exit.

"Better get this case done and over with. Something tells me this case isn't just a matter of lost identity and attempt murder" he reminded, leaving Nagisa and Matsuoka in the office.

"Hazuki" The blonde stopped his pace towards the door and turns around, looking at the detective who seems to be busy looking at that certain file.

"What ya know about…" he trailed off, searching for the right word to describe the 'Ghost' he saw earlier.

"About?" Nagisa echoes. It was unusual for Matsuoka to trail of a sentence.

"Hmm… about a person who is still in deep slumber…their thoughts leaves the body?" Matsuoka frowns at his miserable descriptions. Nagisa was not sure on what reaction he should gives to the violet head, other than looking at him in a ridiculous way with a tilted head to the right.

"WHAT!" Matsuoka could feel his face burns with embarrassment, he was not even sure if his IQ is at the lowest bottom of the peak. The blonde quickly let out a laughed; Matsuoka was refraining himself back so much from killing the shorter one right there for laughing at him.