Chapter Four

Matsuoka has been pacing in his office past few two hours. Outside his office, his co-workers stared at the young detective, including Nagisa and Tatsuya who has been following the sight of the violet that has been acting…strange…

"Tell me, how the hell you followed me here?!" Matsuoka said as he spoke to the ghostly jet black haired teen that has been floating around his office, to be exact, Mizuki.

"I don't know, you said you want my help so I thought maybe I should follow you, by the way you have great books about swimming here" he replied as he tried to take the book that has caught his attention on the shelves.

"Listen to me!" noticing Mizuki hands went through the book that he just mentioned. He face palmed.

"Why the hell did I even suggest this in the first place, now I got a ghost following me around?!"

"Rin, can you help me grab this book and let me read it?"

"Since when did I allowed you to call me by my given name?"

"Since now" he then went back to the book he was trying to grab. Matsuoka sighed. Whatever he does, it did not scare Mizuki away.

"Rin-chan, are you alright?" Nagisa enters the office looking worried.

"Huh, yeah. Why did ya ask?"

"Uhm…well…you're talking to the air…"

Matsuoka froze. Then he realized everyone was watching him acting like a lunatic in the office talking to no one. Well not exactly no one, but a ghost…

"Did I, I was just practicing my vocal"

Nagisa raised an eyebrow, "Vocal?"

Matsuoka nodded, sweat dropping, hoping the blond would take that as an answer. He quickly made a quick dash towards the book that Mizuki wanted and grabbed his coat, exiting the office, followed by Mizuki behind.

"I gotta go"

~~~~~

It was then in his car,

Passersby were staring strangely at the violet detective who seems to be talking to…someone.

"Okay, let's make a deal shall we?"

Mizuki then went into a sitting pose in the air while nodding, waiting for this 'deal' Matsuoka mentioned.

"You will not talk to me when there is someone around me, I don't care how important it is, YOU WILL NOT TALK unless I say so"

The teen shoulder fell, "In return, I will let you read all these swimming stuff books all you want in my free time, is that a deal?"

Mizuki sea blue orbs lit up, his eyes focused on the book that Matsuoka waving in front of him. The violet smiled at how childish is the teen behavior.

"Is that a deal?"

The teen nodded, Matsuoka smiled. "Well, it's almost late, think I'll grab some dinner, you need any?"

"I don't think ghosts can eat"

Matsuoka eyed the teen who is sitting…well almost floating in the passenger seat next to him. "For some reason…I can't let my eye off him…"

"Oh well, just suck it up, after that I'll be heading home"

Mizuki nodded and just stayed silent throughout the journey, looking outside the window. It was a strange feeling for Matsuoka to have someone in the car and followed him around even going to the diners.