Chapter Five

It was early in the morning; the young detective had his coffee before dashing off for work. Mizuki quietly followed him without saying a word. Along the way, the violet detective yawns several times, dark eye bags appeared underneath his eyes.

"Didn't you went to bed early last night?"

"Yeah I did, I'm just tired that's all" he lied.

He has been up the whole night and only gotten two hours of sleep before he had to wake up 7 in the morning. He spent the whole night searching for more clues until he fell asleep on his laptop.

"Matsuoka, here's the report on the site where they found him" Tatsuya said as he handed over a folder as he was about to exit the office. The violet detective flips through the reports as Mizuki peeked from his shoulder. He frowns.

"What is this?"

"Yeah, that's all they could find, unfortunately the storm from that night washed almost everything away including the evidence or any traces of the possible attacker on Mizu"

Mizuki tried reading what was in the file but Matsuoka quickly closes it before he can read a single word.

"This might be one of those cases that can't be solved"

Tatsuya sighed as he leans against the door frame, eyeing the younger detective. Matsuoka bit his lower lip before stuffing the file into the pile of file he is holding in his other arms. He left the office.

"It can be solve, with leads or not. I will solve it"

~~~~~

It was somewhere 11 in the morning,

Matsuoka finally arrived to the scene; it was under the bridge nearby the riverbank, roughly 10 minutes drive from the closest 7/eleven store, while it took Matsuoka around one hour to reach the scene from his office which located at the heart of the city. Several yellow police strips surround the area.

"Why are we here, Rin?"

The detective was busy looking around, while Mizuki follows him from behind.

"It's the place where we found you"

Mizuki halted. Matsuoka bends down to the ground where Mizuki original body was found laying. While cursing in his head, he tried looking for more clues. One thing he hates is finding clues that might not even exist.

"Damn fucking rain washed everything away"

"OI, Mizuk—"

He stops, upon noticing the ghost froze at the spot he floats. He walks closer, Mizuki looks pale, his lips were trembling, and his sea blue orbs were wide. Matsuoka tried waving his hands in front of the ghost, not receiving any responds. Until, Mizuki screamed in pain, Matsuoka almost jumped.

"OI, MIZUKI. WHAT'S WRONG?"

He tried touching Mizuki but to his vain, his hands went through the ghostly body. Mizuki were not responding, he curls into a ball while holding his head, his orbs shuts close. Matsuoka were not sure what to do, he could not touch the boy neither getting through him.

"MIZUKI!"

~~~~~

"You shouldn't give up on swimming just because you defeated him…"

Flashes of a swimming pool, flashes of water splashing, flashes of him giving a dolphin key chain, flashes of someone smiling at him, flashes of someone large warm hand handing him over a towel with a bird like looking emblem on it