Chapter 1 - Desperation

Author:

Second chapter(; Enjoy if you can. If you can't then laugh it up. 

*************************

Chapter 1

"I'm Lan-"

"What's your name?!"

"I'm Raf-"

"Hi there!"

Crazed people were shouting their names at me. This school is desperate. Maybe it won't be so fun anymore. I faked my smiles and pushed through the crowd. When I finally got out, I just speed walk to the office to get settled. 

Once I reached the building, I saw someone oddly suspicious. He was facing towards the crowd behind me, but I can still see his pretty eyes. 

He saw me then smiled. Soon enough, it was turned into a smirk. His eyes looked inviting like someone I've met. I rolled my eyes and walked to the office.

"Ah, Ms. Armstrong. I'm very glad to have you in this school," he smiled and shook my hand. Yeah, yeah. Everyone loves the Armstrongs. Can I leave now?! I wanted to shout, but I was a better than that.

He started talking about the school and how I would be more comfortable if I had a tour guide showing me around. "Madison, please report to the principal's office," he ordered in his microphone thingy that sends it all over the school. A minute later, I saw a girl about 5'6 walk in with a scared expression. If I could laugh right now, I would.

"Hi, Mr. Jenston," the Madison girl smiled. "Am I in trouble?" she asked looking at me. No, I didn't torture you. Not yet at least.

"No. I just have a friend here who needs you to show her around," he smiled. How did we ever become friends? This guy needs a fist in his-

"Sure! You're the new girl, huh?" she smiled.

"Uh-huh," I nodded.

"You can show her to her classes," Mr. Jenston ordered.

"No problem," Madison answered looking at my schedule. It wasn't a 'Can you' it was a 'You can'. Yeah, I think this is why I got pushed out of my last school. "Come on, we have homeroom together," she smiled. Yay.

"By the the way, I'm Madison. And you are?"

"Audrey," I smiled. She nodded then headed to who-knows-where land.

I can't walk around with her too much.. Maybe just ditch her on her little tour and go talk to someone more appealing. Oh, stop it Audrey! Nicer person. Nicer person, I repeated in my head. I mean sure she wore big glasses like I use to have and her hair is messy and her clothes aren't the most fashionable thing in this school and... who am I kidding?! This girl was a bad mark on my new reputation. Maybe I should just join the nerds in this school. The last six schools I attended, I was a screw up. Happy now, my lovely best friend?

"And this is your locker," she smiled pointing to the normal size locker in front of me. Did I just blank out on half of the tour?

"Cool," I smiled and did my combination. Pretty roomy. It's better than all the other schools. I can't believe I wasn't kicked out of the district.

"We've got a long way to go," she sighed but still kept the smile.

"Great," I faked a smile. She led me to the gym and that's where I just abandon her. I can't keep that 'nicer person' promise, can I?

"Woah," someone stopped me before I crashed into them.

"Sorry, I was just-" I looked up to the person and saw it was that suspicious dude. He looked way better up close. His messy blond hair was covering half of his eyes. Blue shiny eyes. So hypnotizing... I need to snap out of it.