Chapter 3 - Plane

"Dill," I whispered. He looked so damn different. His hair was still the same though. Messy as always, it's the Ford family's style. His eyes were gray with a spark in the middle from the sunlight.

"In the flash," he walked closer to me. I handed the painting to Mr.Ford and ran up to Dill and gave him a hug. "Somebody is stronger than I remembered," he chuckled returning the hug.

"I can't believe it's you," I shook my head when we pulled a part.

"Small world," he smiled. I turned around looking at his dad.

"It's me," I smiled looking at his confused face. Well, I could tell he was confused.. 'It's me' wasn't a great way to introduce myself.. again.

"Audrey Armstrong?" he smiled. I nodded and hugged him too.

"Four years, already?" Dill smiled in amazement.

"I know!" I sighed with a huge grin.

"Dylan, why don't you take the day off and catch up with Audrey. I'll take care of this studio," Mr. Ford waved dismissively.

"Okay, thanks Dad," Dill smiled. "Did you want this painting?" he pointed to the painting now on the floor. 

"Well, I was looking for something for my dad. He's visiting this week," I smiled. 

"Oh, well here. Take it. Say hi to your dad for me, Audrey," Mr. Ford picked up the painting and handed it to me. 

"Really? Thank you, how much?" I asked.

"Don't ask. It's our gift to you... well, to your dad," Dylan chuckled. 

"Thank you so much. How can I repay you?" I raised an eyebrow, staring at Dill's perfect hair. 

"Come catch up with me," he smirked and pulled me out of the studio towards his car. 

"Wait, I'll just follow you!" I pointed to my car.

"Alright," he agreed.

Five minutes later, we reached his gigantic house. "Rich ass," I muttered getting out of my car.

"What?" he chuckled.

"Nothing," I smiled.

"Oh, there's something," he stared at me.

'Yeah, nothing is something!" I laughed.

"Fine," he pouted and walked up the stairs to his front door. God, I remember this place just like it was yesterday. The golden stairs. The stain FM and I made with our permanent paint on the wall. I felt a teardrop rolling down my cheek without permission. I rubbed it off before Dylan can see. "Old times," he sighed. I just looked at him and nodded.

We walked to the living room and he hopped on the rainbow colored sofa. I sat near him taking in the scent of our memories. "So what made you come back to the lovely Fall River Mills?" he asked starting up the 'Let's catch up' conversation.

"My mom's job," I whispered.

"I see," he nodded. "You got rid of the geeky glasses, you hair is curly, your eyes are sparkly, you got taller, and you're wearing... heals?" he raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, you've changed," he nodded. I couldn't help but chuckle. I love this guy.

"Yes, geeky wasn't my thing, I always wanted curly hair, heard that before, I did get taller, and the heals are for special reasons," I smiled.

"Care to explain the special reasons?" he smirked.

"I can only share it with my best friend," I smirked.