Chapter 4

It's been three hours since she fell asleep on me, for the past few hours I have been doing pack financials, seeing how much money is coming in and how much is going out. Right as I finish the last financial record I feel my baby stirring in my lap.

She's waking

"D-D-D-a." Before she can finish saying Daddy, a yawn escapes her mouth causing her to stretch her little limbs in the weirdest ways.

"Yes Little One?" With financials out of my mind, Kylie's all that I have my attention on, blocking communication from my pack besides my Beta.  My pack knows that when they can't reach me through the mind link to directly report to the Beta, who will then report straight to me.

"I sorry." Kylie cannot pronounce certain letters correctly, so it more sounded like sowwie. Knowing she was apologizing for running off from me earlier I gather her in my arms as I stand from my chair, starting to make my way of the office. Replies don't always come in words, they can come in actions, either positive, negative, or neutral. Removing one hand from her little bum I cradle her to my chest, my now free hand supporting and slowly rubbing her back in a fatherly manner. A little sigh escapes her lips, and as it does I feel her relax into me, no longer uncertain. My feet carry us to the main living room where some pack members are lounging around, carefully I maneuver to the small kiddy table that is in the far right hand table.

"Daddy's got to check on pack members, so can you be a good girl and stay here and color?" My eyes dart around quickly, my wolf using my sight to look for any possible threats before we place her down and leave her to color. With no threats I gently place her at the table, giving her a kiss on the head.

"Me be good girl, me promise." My eyes sparkle with proudness on how she is tolerating being separated from me once again for a while, my wolf purrs in content.

"Daddy knows you will baby girl."

Kylie's POV
-15 minutes later-

Daddy's been gone for a bit now I think, I can't tell how long cause I don't know how to tell time. Picking up a blue crayon I grab a piece of paper and start drawing a picture for daddy. It's going to be really pretty! I hope he will like it!

- 2 hours and 4 drawings later -

A familiar urge hits my bladder urgently.

"Me go potty!" I declare, shocking the adults in the room for I have been so quiet that they forgot I was there. Scurrying out I run towards the  nearest bathroom, only to be blocked by Julia.

"Me needa weewee!" Crossing my legs I sniffle, "Please?"

"No, sorry. I just want to chill here for a few more seconds." I shiver at her not-so-nice tone. Drool is dripping from my mouth, and snot is running down my chin.

As soon as she moves I wobble as fast as I can to the small baby toilet, and right before I can pull the pull up down, the waterfall starts. Tears start trickling down my face, and I as slowly wobble back to the living room. Upon entering the room, I hear shouting. I don't understand what they are saying so I slowly enter the room. Only to discover pieces of ripped paper on the floor, some falling from...Julia's hands. A piece lands at my right foot. I see a piece of a picture I drew for Daddy. A squeak escapes my mouth, causing all eyes to turn to me the angry eyes turning to pity. By now I'm full out blubbering, by now all commotion just drones on undetected by me. A pair of arms pick me up trying to console me. A faint whiff of their scent allows me to identify them as one of my brothers, I'm too sad to see who. My thumb slowly finds its way to my mouth as I hiccup between sobs. My tiny lungs burning, gasping for air. That's when everything goes silent and a voice booms through the room.

"What the hell happened here?!"

<<Author's note>>

722 words, I apologize for the shortness. But due to high demand I update I decided to update, I hope you like it and find it a bit suspenseful.

What do you think is going to happen next?

What's your opinion on big sister Julia?

How old in your imagination is Kylie?

Ask me questions and I'll answer them!