Chapter 13

Cruising down the mountain road, more like up as it is a switchback road i glance back in the rear view mirror and see Kylie is trying to play paddy cake with Ari. Ari is simply wagging his tail looking at her and occasionally licking her getting a squeal out of her. Diverting my attention to the road I realize we are almost at the cabin as I can see the gates ahead. Once I pull up to the gates I punch in my code and the gates open. It's been a fairly quiet road trip thankfully, no arguing or complaining. Once I have parked the SUV without asking the boys to unload it, they do it themselves. Opening the back door I start undoing Kylie's car seat harness. Picking her up into my arms.

"We there?" She mumbles into my shirt.

"Yes Little One, open your eyes and look around." I state as I carry her into the cabin. This will be Kylie's first time at the cabin, but for the boys it is nothing new.

I watch Kylie for her reaction to the inside of the cabin, which is designed to also entertain children.

"There a tree!" I laugh and I put her on her feet, "Yes sweetie there is, and you know what? You can climb it! Only if you are careful though." I bop her on the nose which causes her to let out a giggle and she scampers over to the 'tree' hugging it.

"Me tree." She addresses the tree as she has known it forever which makes my wolf and I melt at the sight. Speaking about my wolf he needs to get out.

"Kylie, how would you like to play around with Daddy wolf?" I stoop down to her height addressing her eye to eye. Her eyes glisten and in a burst of fluffiness she is in her pup form. I grin happily and let my wolf take me over.

-Wolf POV-

I watch as my pup scampers on her four feet, sniffing around then proceeding to chase her tail. That is until she sees me and blunders over to me hitting on the brakes to late and squishing into me with a big squeal. I toss my furry mane side to side chuckling, then picking her up by the scruff and proceed to take her outside. Once outside in a clear meadow I put her down. I get down into play position and she does the same wiggling her little butt in the air jumping up and down. I pretend to tackle her, but instead I allow her to attempt to take me down. I flop for her entertainment as I feel her crawling all over me, occasionally getting distracted chasing her own tail. My tail was furiously as I am very well pleased to have time with my littlest pup. Relishing with my pup I feel her nipping at my tail, I chuckle. I am so blest to have this little pup as my flesh and blood. I turn my giant head to see her face to face with me, I give her a big lick on the face and her eyes go wide and she topples backwards and starts flailing her little legs happily. It reminds me somehow of a turtle that is stuck upside down that is trying to flip over. With my right paw I help her get on her feet, that is when my hackles start to raise. Instinctively I put my pup under me and crouch over her. Who dares to cross my territory? Especially a blood thirsty rogue?! I emit a low growl as the smell gets closer, turning into a snarl. The rogue emerges from the tree line looking absolutely hideous covered in scars yet from here I can tell he is not a new rogue, he is a traitor, the smell is all over him. The blood of innocents covers his mouth. He approaches snarling and hissing like a deranged mountain lion. My nostrils flare and I dig my claws into the dirt ready to spring on him. His approach is rapid, and I spring like a lion after a running gazelle. My claws out and my teeth bared. I land directly on top of him. Hisses are exchanged and he attempts to dominate me. I land a hard swift blow to his head causing him to stumble. Back on my feet I charge and he manages to gash my leg which starts healing. I hear a whimper and turning my head around I realize there is a second rogue. How could I not have smelt it? Anger rages within me and I go for the kill. Once the first rogue is down I charge at the second which has managed to lay a claw on my pup. My pup! Ferociously I let out a death howl, my nostrils flaring even faster now, my eyes narrowed on the filthy rogue. With every step I take I leave an imprint behind. The rogue attempts to run off, too late. I soar over landing ahead of it, turning around. Fear glazes over its eyes. I snarl and pounce. I am the cat it is the mouse. Soon enough the rogues are no longer an issue. My first concern is my pup and I sniff her. She is bleeding but not too badly. I pick her up by the scruff and high tail it to the cabin, where my sons look on with anger. They do not like rogues either especially those who harm their loved ones. She is shaking, I sprint to the wolf den inside the house and lay down, putting her in between my paws. I assess her wounds more thoroughly and using my tongue I clean them up to the best of my ability. My human wants out so I give him out.

Daddy's POV

I separate from my wolf and watch as he nurses our little one.

"Let me bathe her, then we can proceed." I tell him directly. He nods and I pick up my pup. Her little pup form is trembling. I rush her to the closest bathroom where I fill the tub not to deep but enough to get her wet. I put her in and grab the nearest shampoo and start lathering her. Boy is she dirty.

After cleaning her up I take her out of the tub and wrap her in a towel. Blood seeps through where her wound is. My wolf stands in the doorway his eyes full of concern. Even though the wound is not too serious he worries. I do too. She yelps as I apply antiseptic to it and stitches. She squirms but I manage to keep her still for long enough. She won't be able to change to human for a while. I carry her back to the den and allow my wolf to get comfy on his bed, I then place her in the cradle of his front legs. He immediately goes to licking to wound, not bothered by the human medication that is on it. His saliva will help the healing process go faster.

Tomorrow we are going to strength the boundaries of my territory. Because no one, I mean no one will harm her once again.

-----
Ask.FM is @/addictedsammich

Will answer all questions you have.