3

"Trapped? How do we get out?"

"You don't unless, of course, you manage to kill me!"

"Huh?" Liz, Patty and Maka turned and saw a woman in feathery clothing.

"Does Lord Death really have that much faith in you?" she smirked, "Well, no matter, Even if you are as good as he thinks, what is a Meister without a Weapon? Now that you're all separated, you're helpless!"

"Separated?"

"Hey, look, there's Soul! Hey, Soul!" Patty yelled, waving.

"Soul? Where?" Maka turned to look in direction that Patty was pointing at. Indeed, Soul was standing some distance away, looking confused.

"Soul!"

"He can't hear you," the witch said, "This magical barrier blocks all sound and is hard as a rock. And it will remain for as long as I choose. And I think, two minutes is enough to kill you"

"Wait!" Maka said, "You and your friends separated us so that the Meisters and Weapons are all mixed up, and then locked us in magical domes?"

"Yeah, pretty smart, right?" the witch smiled.

"Not really," Maka smirked.

"What?"

"Well", Maka smirked, "Good Meisters are usually able to use Weapons that are not theirs. The only two I'm worried about are Soul and Black Star if they are stuck together, then"

"Look, look, there's Black Star," Patty screamed excitedly.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Maka said angrily, observing Soul and Black Star standing together and looking back at her, "I sure hope that they will at least figure out what's going on. Now, Liz, Patty!"

"Huh?" Liz and Patty looked curiously at Maka.

"I can sense your souls their 'wavelengths' are synchronized, which is a good thing, because if I wanted to use you two, it would no more difficult that if I just used just one of you" Maka said.

"Are going to use us?" Liz asked in surprise.

"Cool!" Patty cried joyfully.

"What other choice do we have?" Maka asked, taking a defensive stand, "I'm not as good at fighting as Black Star, so I need your help. If you agree, that is."

"No, no, of course, it's fine!" Liz said, "Let's go, Patty!"

"All right!" Patty screamed excitedly.

Liz and Patty changed into pistols and Maka grabbed them. At first, they seemed too heavy, but then she managed to sync her 'soul wavelength' with theirs to a significant degree.

"You two feel all right," she said and then looked at the witch, "Hey, you! I would ask you your name just so I knew whom Im going to kill, but out of the three choices I have judging by your ridiculous outfit you must be Hoot..."

"I'll show you ridiculous outfit!"

"No need to As I just said, I'm looking at one But I've never used a gun before, so you'll have to give me some time before I can aim well enough to kill you"

Maka started firing shots, one after another, and the witch was forced to dodge and jump away.

"This is fun!" Maka exclaimed with excitement while shooting left and right, trying to hit the witch.

"Eh, I wish Kid could have so much fun just shooting us," Liz sighed.

"Tough luck," Patty giggled, "Maybe, we should stay with Maka."