8 END

"I'm going to kill all the witches, and you will be so proud of me!"

Everyone except Kid, who was still sobbing, turned around and saw Maka's father in a ready-to-fight pose. Stein was walking behind him, adjusting the bolt in his head.

"Come on, where are the witches?" Maka's dad yelled, "I'll teach them a lesson! Maka, stand back, it's papa's turn to fight!"

"It looks like we're late, Spirit," Stein said, "As you might have noticed, everyone is all right and doesn't need to be saved. Everyone including Maka"

"What kind of reinforcements arrive after the battle is over?" Maka muttered angrily, "Not that I needed anything from him, but still."

"Ah! Maka is so harsh. She doesn't love me!" Spirit cried.

"I'm sorry we're late," Stein said, "He was supposed to notify me right away, but he had gone astrayagain"

"I'm such a bad father!"

"Indeed, you are, Spirit."

"Professor," Maka said.

"Huh?"

"We had to use each others' Weapons."

"Oh, is that so?" Stein sounded surprised, "How did it go?"

"It was awesome! Maka used me and Liz!" Patty exclaimed, "And I killed the witch!"

"And I used Soul," Black Star said proudly, "But he didn't do a good job adjusting his 'soul wavelength' to mine Tsubaki is much better at that." Tsubaki smiled.

"Never again am I doing that," Soul grumbled.

"So, I take it that Kid was with Tsubaki," Stein smirked, "How lucky That was the only mismatch among you that would be of any use to him. Is he all right, by the way?"

"Y-yeah," Liz sighed, "Just the usual. Come one, Kid, stop it. I promise that I'll wash your pants for you when we get home."

Kid raised his head.

"Really?" he asked with a hopeful expression on his face, "Will you really do this for me?" "If that will make you stop crying, then yes."

"Liz you're so wonderful!"

"Eh, I know Just remind me to close the window when we get home. I opened it to let some fresh air in"

"You whaaaaaaat?"

"What?"

"If the wind puts out one of the candles, the others will burn down more, and the symmetry will be broken! Hurry, we must run!"

He summoned his skateboard, grabbed Patty and Liz by the hands and sped off in direction of the Death City.

"Weeeeeee, this is fun!" Patty laughed.

"Kiiid, I'll kill yooouuuu!" Liz cried.

"Well, I guess that we can all go home now," Stein said.

"Poor Liz and Patty," Tsubaki thought.

"I wonder if I'm still in trouble," Soul thought.

"Soul, you are so going to get it when we come home," Maka thought.

"Yep, I was the best as usual!" Black Star thought.

"Who else but you?" Tsubaki thought, knowing what Black Star thinking about.

"I need to go spend some time by myself," Spirit thought.

"Yes, yes, go relax, Spirit. It will make it much easier for me to adjust that mind reader that I put into your brain last night. After all, if it worked, we wouldn't have been late," Stein thought and smiled.

THE END