Chapter 2

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE KIND! VOTE AND COMMENT?! 

The crowd surrounding Eleanor and Louis had intensified within seconds. Curious and anxious townspeople had fled to the scene of the shooting. Directioners stood in tears and shock as they saw their idol lying motionless on the sidewalk in a pool of blood.

Eleanor looked down to Louis and noticed his face was already turning pale. She lightly shook him, hoping to be assured that he would hang on a little longer.

"Lou...Lou, please..." she cried.

He lightly blinked occasionally, slowly but surely. For Eleanor, everything seemed to move in slow motion around her. But her mind was flowing thousands of miles an hour, with memories flashing by every second.

"Look at me, Louis..." she pleaded. "You have to hold on for me, okay?"

He slowly turned his eyes towards her as his lips shook, turning purple. She turned her gaze towards his wounds. He continued to bleed tremendously where the two bullets had hit him. She then began to ache all over her body, feeling his pain. Her chest felt as if her ribs were crushing in.

A man on the street ran up to her. "The ambulance is on the way, ma'am."

Eleanor nodded her head, not taking her eyes off of Louis.

He took a look at her, seeing that she had been shot as well. "Miss, you've been injured as well..are you going to be alright? How severe is the wound?"

"I'm okay..." she muttered between sobs. "I'll be okay. I've only been shot in my arm. My boyfriend...he's been hit twice. In the chest and the stomach..."

Soon enough, the sirens could be heard in the distance. Making their way toward town, Eleanor looked back down to Louis. His eyes were closed and his body no longer shook.

"Louis?...." she said hopelessly.

The ambulance pulled along the curb, hopping out of the vehicle quickly. The townspeople spread away, letting the men get by. They first went to Louis, as he was the one most visibly wounded. One of the men got on his knees beside of Louis's body.

Eleanor looked over to the man with tears streaming down her face. "Please...I think he stopped breathing..help him! Please, save him! Tell me he's going to be okay.."

The other men swarmed by the side of Louis and checked his vital signs and his pulse. The first man looked over to the others with his face flushed. He looked over to Eleanor and back to the men, shaking his head.

"No..." Eleanor pleaded. "Oh God, please no..."

They came out with a black body bag, and Eleanor's stomach dropped. The men looked at Eleanor, most likely telling her that they needed to get her to the hospital immediately. She saw their mouths moving, but heard nothing. They brought a stretcher out, lying Eleanor down on it and strapping her in. They lifted the stretcher into the ambulance vehicle. She leaned up to look out and see Louis one last time before they slammed the doors and took off.

Suddenly, Eleanor's eyes shot open and she sat up quickly with tears still flowing from her eyes. She looked around and saw that she was lying in the bed alone at her flat. Her breathing was still heavy and her hands shook.

It was a dream.

It was all a dream.

With a deep breath, reality finally came back to Eleanor. She realized that it wasn't midsummer at all. It was only the end of March and the boys hadn't been in town for nearly a month. She sat in her apartment and listened to the beat of her heart and caught a faint sound of sirens going down the road outside. A random string of coincidences were happening in order for her dream to work out the way that it did.