Epilogue

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT, LET ME KNOW HOW I'VE DONE ON THIS PROJECT! THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS FANFIC!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Two months had gone by. Two months since Eleanor had passed away. Two months since Louis felt his first true heart break. Two months since Louis was forced to carry on with life.

Louis wanted to say, 'fuck One Direction', and postpone the world tour that was planned in June. However, he had to remember Eleanor's last wish: never give up.

It was now July, and the boys were on stage at their concert. It was time for the last song in the show, a song that was on their new album, but not in the concert lineup. Louis himself requested that they perform the song to close out every show in the tour.

But on this day, July the 16th, the song was even more special.

"Alright, so...unfortunately, we've reached the end of our show." Niall said to the crowd.

They began to protest in dissatisfaction, never wanting the concert to end.

"I don't think they are too happy to hear that, Niall." Zayn said into his microphone.

"How 'bout we give them one last song, yeah?" Liam shouted.

The entire stadium then burst into cheers, pressing on to hear another song. The air was filled with such adrenaline and happiness. The thousands of girls, and a few hundred guys, had their hearts beating fast. Anxiety was vibrating off of them as they waited for more.

"Okay, so, we're gonna give all of you one more song!!" Harry announced. "But listen close, shhh...You've all got to listen real close so you can hear what Louis has to say."

The shouts and screams toned down a bit, then Louis began to speak.

"So, today...today is a special day for me. Well, to all five of us, really..." he said, his voice shy and quivering. "As many of you are aware, Eleanor was very sick over the past year...and she passed away two months ago."

The other boys shifted awkwardly in their stances on stage. Louis took a deep breath, his hands shaking. The boys swallowed hard and stood, looking to Louis.

"Well, today...today is her birthday..." Louis managed to say through tears. "She touched all of our lives in more ways than necessary...So, right now, I just wanted...I want to have a moment of silence, to honor her memory."

Then, the crowd became unbelievably quiet, with only occasional whispers running through the air. Louis dropped his head and said a short prayer in his head. After a few moments, he lifted his head back up and looked behind him, nodding towards the band. The slow guitar riff was being played softly in the background and Louis brought the microphone back up to his lips.

"Thank you all, so much..." he said to the crowd, his voice still uneasy. "Now, this song...I wrote a while back with Liam, while Eleanor was sick and we were on tour. I had only one person in mind while writing...this is 'Right Now'..."

He took a deep breath, letting the beginning guitar riff play through one more time before beginning to sing the song.

"Lights go down and the night is calling to me, yeah..." he sang with a staggered breath. "I hear voices singing songs in the street and I know..."

Niall then came in, singing his solo. "That we won't be going home...for so long, for so long. But I know...that I won't be on my own. Yeah, I love this feeling and..."

"Right now, I wish you were here with me..." Zayn angelically sang. "Cause right now, everything is new to me. You know I can't fight the feelin', and every night I feel it...right now, I wish you were here with me..."

As the song went on, Louis bit his lip and shook his head. He wiped at the stream of tears that fell down his cheeks. He walked to the staircase in the middle of the stage and sat down. Looking towards the sky, he tried to control his breathing.

The boys looked back to Louis and then at one another. They had lumps in their throats and tears in their eyes as they sang. Seeing their mate in pain was the worst feeling in the world.

"Lights go down and I hear you calling to me, yeah..." Harry sang, grabbing his microphone and taking it off of the stand.

They all did the same, walking over to the staircase. They sat down and surrounded Louis, continuing the rest of the song. Harry then put his hand on Louis' shoulder sympathetically.

After Zayn sang the final lines, everyone in the crowd cheered...and most cried. The five boys stood from the staircase and walked down to stage level. As Louis tried to thank the crowd for being so wonderful and respectful, he just couldn't speak. He smiled lightly through his tears and nodded his head towards the fans. Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn surrounded Louis and wrapped their arms around one another. They held each other tight in their group hug. There was not a dry eye in the stadium as they embraced each other, never seeking to let go.

There's an old poem that includes a quote that many people believe: "Nothing gold can stay..."

But sometimes there are things that are quite the opposite from that.

Some memories,

some bonds,

some love

is truly

everlasting.

END OF *STORY* AUTHOR'S NOTE!! Well, that's a wrap! First and foremost, I want to re-state that I dedicate this story to my aunt, Susan Allen. She very much inspired this story and she will forever live in my heart! Also, I want to thank you all for reading this and supporting me. Without you, I'd be nowhere. I want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to my cousin, Kelsey Allen for giving me tips and ideas throughout the production of this story. Just like her mother was, she is so strong and loving...and I'm so glad that she's in my life! My sister threw in a few bits of help as well, so thank you sissy! I don't know what else to say, really. This has been an amazing experience...full of tears and hard work, but I'd say it all paid off. When I wrote my first fanfic, "FLIPPED", I stated that I wouldn't write another fanfic...but now you see how that worked out. So for now, who knows, I may or may not write another one. But thank you again to those who read this religiously and loved it! Leave a comment and let me know what you thought of the story?! HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU! :) xx