Chapter 11

I'M IN DESPERATE NEED OF FEEDBACK! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

The rest of August was eventful after Eleanor's public confession. Liam celebrated his 20th birthday at the end of the month, responsibly drinking throughout the night.

In the beginning of September, Zayn had worked up the nerve to propose to Perrie...without hesitation, she said yes. During Niall's birthday, he counted on the boys to slap him on the wrist when any opportunity arose for him to use coke again, though he never intended on it.

October was a bleak month, not holding anything significant besides one thing. It was the final full month of the boys on their world tour.

November signaled the end of a long nine months on the road for One Direction. Eleanor and Louis also celebrated their two-year anniversary on the 17th of that month.

When December rolled around, nothing but holiday anticipation swarmed throughout London. Time had ticked away into the last two weeks of the year.

Over the past months, Eleanor had loosened up to wear a bandana or wrap occasionally when she went out. Because of the cold weather and her sensitivity towards it, she didn't get out much. The continuous and annual trips to the hospital was pretty much the only time she ever left her flat. Depending on the day, either Louis, Danielle, or her parents would drive her to get her rounds of chemo. The life was visibly draining out of her day by day, but she never gave in to the pain or exhaustion. Remembering her Aunt Irene and Lilly, she vowed to stay positive.

Christmas Eve just so happened to also be Louis' birthday. Since he and Eleanor would be with their own families on Christmas day, he decided to come to her flat on his birthday. They were sat in her den across from one another, awaiting to exchange gifts. Eleanor handed Louis a bag and a box, smiling as he handed her a box as well. She laughed as she looked at the wrapping on the box, as it was done very sloppily.

"Hey, what're you laughing at?" Louis asked, cutting his eyes at her.

"At least you tried..." El laughed, pointing to the overly taped mess.

"You're right...I'm shit at stuff like that." he laughed, opening his present. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

She smiled and looked at him as he opened up his gift excitedly, ripping off the wrapping paper frantically like a child. He opened up the box and smiled as he saw that she had got him a pair of vintage style Vans.

"I love 'em!" he exclaimed, moving on to open the small bag.

He pulled out the festive tissue paper from inside and threw it beside him. He pulled out a bottle of Bleu de Chanel cologne, immediately spraying it and sniffing it with a smile. As he put it back into the bag, he saw that there was something at the bottom. He pulled it out and read that it was a $150 gift card for Topman.

"You honestly shouldn't have gotten me all of this..." he said, cutting his eyes at Eleanor.

She shook her head and smiled. "Don't worry, it's fine. Oh, and sorry, I know I don't get any points for creativity this year. It's just...I rarely get out, and when I do, I had no clue what to get you."

"It's all perfect, El. Thank you so much." Louis smiled as he stood from the chair. He walked up to her and kissed her. "Now, quick. Open yours."

"Okay, okay." she said, tearing off the wrapping paper from the large box.

"You should be good to go, now." he teased her as she opened up the box. "All of your white girl necessities are in there."

She laughed as the first thing she saw was two Starbucks gift cards. She picked them up and her eyes widened as she saw the numbers on them.